chapter 22

the faint sound of my alarm ringing through the apartment makes my eyes start to flutter open. i forget where i am for a moment. the sunlight shining through the open windows of my apartment, i realize we had fallen asleep on the sofa. my body is pressed against charlie's, his arms draped across my waist and our legs are intertwined. the events of last night still fresh in my mind, a smile spreading on my face.

charlie starts to wake up, pulling me closer to him and snuggling his face in my neck.

"good morning baby" the tiredness in voice evident and raspy.

"good morning" i say, my face blushing at the name. "we have to get ready for work" i say feeling tired as well.

his arms tighten around my waist and he places a kiss on my neck

"just five more minutes, please"

"no charlie, i have to shower." i say now sitting up, i look over at him and move some strands of hair from his face.

"we can shower together to save time?" he suggests with a smirk. i laugh and smack his arm lightly.

"charlie what part of taking it slow do you not get?" i say teasingly, my smile never leaving my face.

"we can shower slowly!" he says unable to contain his laughter, his happiness contagious.

"nice try charles" i say standing up to finally turn off my alarm.

charlie finally gets up, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug again. he pulls away slightly, placing his hands on my face.

"ill go get changed and come right back so we can ride together, okay? dont lock the door ill be back in 20." i nod, smiling at him. he leaves a kiss on my forehead and starts to leave. my body instantly feeling cold without him.

i shower quickly and get ready for work. leaving my hair natural and throwing on some leggings and a cute oversized sweater.

i hear the door open as i'm putting on my shoes.

"olive! im back!" i hear charlie yell as i walk out of my room. i grab my bag and head towards charlie, he's standing there with a very unamused owen.

"i would say good morning but its not a good morning. i cant believe you both had a sleep over without me" owen grumpily says crossing his arms against his chest.

i look at charlie, he gives me a look as if saying "dont tell him yet" i look back at owen and sigh.

"it's all charlie's fault, he said you were already sleeping" i say looking back at charlie, his jaw dropped as he gasped at my accusation.

"charlie i thought we were bros, turns out we're just friends" owen says pretending to cry, charlie looks back at me and winks.

it's my turn to drive us all to work, it consisted of charlie and owen bickering back and forth like an old married couple. we made our way towards the hair and makeup trailer, charlie wrapping his arm around me as we walk.

we all greet each other with hugs and insults. once they all take their places to get ready i go over the schedule with them.

"okay losers listen up. you all have to shoot scenes in the garage right now. then you boys have to shoot now or never. madison you have dance practice. we all have a two hour break and then everyone goes to the recording studio. then we all get to enjoy 2 days off! got it?"

"got it!" everyone responds smiling. charlie stands up from his chair and steps onto the small couch.

"WHAT TEAM?" he yells, puffing his chest out. everyone is silent for a moment looking at him like a maniac.

"are we suppose to say wildcats?" owen asks confused and i have to cover my face in my hands to hide my laughter.

"forget it, you guys suck" he steps down from the couch and pouts his way over to me.

"for the record, i knew we had to say wildcats" i smile as he hugs me. he rests his head on my shoulder as i wrap my arms around his torso. we stay like that for a moment until someone clears their throat reminding us we're not alone.

we pull apart quickly and charlie goes back to his seat to finish getting ready while i look around the room, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"not them acting like we didn't see that" madison says making all of us laugh it off. after they all got ready we all walked towards set.

"are you going to go to your mom's house?" madison asks me and i sigh.

"yeah i have to. i need to confront her. especially now" i turn stop walking and turn to her "charlie and i going to try to be in a relationship again but are taking it slow" i smile as i see her eyes go wide

"im so happy for you guys!" she jumps up and hugs me. "thanks madi, it just happened last night but im so happy." i say grabbing her hand to continue walking. 

"you deserve all the happiness in the world liv." she says so lovingly i fight the urge to cry.

"my stars!" kenny yells as we walk onto set. we all greet him back.

"i have exciting news! guess what we're doing friday?" kenny says with the biggest smile on his face.

"not working because we have it off?" jeremy says in an unsure tone. kenny chuckles at him.

"well i happened to get all of us tickets to go see the jonas brothers preform here! we're all going! you too olivia!' kenny says dancing around as we process what he just said. 

"KENNY SHUT UP THIS ISNT FUNNY" i yell. my palms already sweaty thinking of seeing THE joe jonas. my childhood crush. hearing my favorite songs live.

"olivia, im one hundred thousand percent serious. i refuse to go without the biggest jonas brothers fan here." he says putting his hands on my shoulders. i give him a bone crushing hug as everyone starts cheering.

the rest of the day passes by like any other. we're all still buzzing from kenny's news, all of us in the best mood. the boys were electric preforming now or never. i feel so proud of charlie. he really is born for this, both music and acting. my heart imploding with pride for my perfect boy. 

my mind wanders back to my mom, more of a reason to go off on her. im not too sure how i will go about the whole situation but just thinking of what she did makes me so unbelievably angry.  i will have to pay her a visit tomorrow since friday is the concert. im snapped out of my thoughts as a very, very sweaty charlie comes up to where i am. 

"how you doin' pretty girl" he says putting his hands on my hips, i feel almost breathless at the sight of him. 

"im okay, just thinking of how they wasted all that fake sweat on you. look at you now" i tease him watching his smile grow wider. i see the look in his eyes and immediately start running.

"come here olive!" he says hugging me from behind. our laughs sounding like music together. 

i push the uncertainty of tomorrow away. i dont know how it will go but no matter what happens, i have charlie and my friends now.