chapter 6

i left owen and charlie to finish putting their boxes in their apartment and made my way to work. i made my way towards a starbucks beforehand, its been an eventful morning already. as i wait in the long line to order, my head wont stop spinning. 

should i continue to ignore charlie?

should i act like nothing ever happened? 

should i just forgive him? 

would we go back to the friends we were before our relationship? 

i pulled up to order, i got everyone a drink as well. even charlie. i still remember his favorite is a cold brew with a splash of sweet cream and 2 sugars. light ice.

would he even care? 

my mind still asking and overthinking everything. all my thoughts start rapidly turning into a hurricane of memories. 

it was a gloomy afternoon and school had just ended. i walked towards my locker to leave my books when i noticed charlie leaning on it.

"hey olive" he says with a sweet smile "hey charles, whats up?" i say smiling back. he moved to give me space to open my locker. 

it had been two months since charlie and i first met in mr. bells class and we've become really close friends. we just clicked right from the start. 

"i was actually wondering if youre doing anything like right now" he says a bit nervously. "like right now, right now?" i asked him a bit confused. we would normally hangout during school hours and text each other through the afternoon, but we've never really hung out outside of school. 

"yeah i-i was just wondering, you know its pretty cold today and its perfectly cloudy outside and i know this is your favorite kind of weather so i thought maybe we could go grab a coffee or something?" he rambled off fast while nervously scratching his head. i couldnt help but smile at how cute he looked. 

"charles gelspeck, i would absolutely love to have a coffee with you right now." i feel my face heat up as i look at him. he laughs at my response, a pink tint to his cheeks as well. 

"right so its a date, ready when you are olive" he said excitedly, biting his lip a bit as he smiles. wow. i was as red as i could be as soon as i heard "date" 

he held his arm out so i could loop my own through his. we walked towards a starbucks down the block from our school, it was the beginning of many dates.

the memory fades as i pull up to my parking spot. my heart hurts thinking of our time together. we were together for 3 years and i never got the closure i needed to move on from what happened between us. i was completely broken. as the days turned to months, it became easier not to think of him every second. the months turned to years, i was finally like my old self again but i was too afraid to let anybody else in. 

i made my way towards the hair and makeup trailer to let everyone know what to do today. as soon i step into the trailer, i am attacked by jeremy. 

"LIV good morning!" he screams as he hugs me. "jeremy let her go, nobody wants to screamed at that way at 6 in the morning." madison sasses him. jeremy lets go of me and turns to her "you're just jealous she likes me best." 

jeremy goes back to his seat and i go hug madison while she's getting her makeup done. i give jer and madison their coffee orders when we start hearing music. 

"HAND CLAPPING, HIP SHAKING, HEART BREAKING THERE'S NO FAKING, WHAT YOU FEEL WHEN YOURE RIGHT AT HOME YEAHH" owen screams over his speaker as he enters the trailer. i smile brightly and join him. 

"MUSIC'S IN MY SOUL, I CAN HEAR IT EVERY DAY AND EVERY NIGHT ITS THE ONE THING ON MY MIND" jeremy and madison join in as well "MUSIC'S GOT CONTROL AND ILL NEVER LET IT GOOOOO NO NO. I JUST WANNA PLAY MY MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG" we scream the lyrics as the song comes to an end. we burst into a fit of laughter as charlie walks into the trailer. 

"whats going on?" he asked confused "maybe if you werent late all the time, you wouldnt have missed the fun." jeremy shoved him playfully. 

"okay now that everyone if here, lets go over today." i tell them. "you guys first have to shoot the scene when you guys are in julie's room, then you boys have to shoot some scenes in the garage while you madison have to shoot some scenes on the school set. everybody then has a 2 hour break and then just a sound rehersal, you guys are going to practice the song bright. got it?" 

"got it" they repeat to me in unison. i go grab the drinks i got owen and charlie. i give owen's his first. "OLIVIA youre the best" he says giving me a side hug. a laugh a bit and i walk towards charlie. i feel my palms get sweaty as i stand in front of him. 

"hey" i say softly. he looks up at me a bit shocked at first but quickly recovers. "oh hi, hey olivia. what's up?" he asks nervously.

i hand him the coffee i got him and his face lights up. "for me?" he asks like a little kid. i nod and give him a small smile. "yeah, i was wondering maybe if we could talk later. when we're both free" i say nervously. the smile never disappears from his face. "of course, anything for you olive-i mean olivia." he says quickly and takes a sip of his drink. "you remembered my favorite." he almost whispers. "yeah i did" i matched his hushed tone. he looks at me with an unreadable expression. "OKAY LOVEBIRDS, time to get to set." madison yells. we both jump away from each other. i feel my face get hot with embarrassment. "madi thats MY job" i playfully yell back at her.

lets see how today goes.

authors note:

a harry stan AND a jonas brothers stan, we love olivia lol anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter! p.s. its also unedited and im too lazy to proofread lol - cyn