chapter 47

march 2020

"charlie, i swear to god, if you dont hurry up i will leave you here!" i yell impatiently looking at the time.

"JUST GIVE ME TWO MINUTES"

"YOU SAID THAT SIX MINUTES GO" i respond, hearing his frustrated groan echo through the apartment.

we have just moved into a nice little apartment back in our hometown. after the show wrapped we stayed in vancouver for a couple more days before coming back home. we wanted to spend every second we could with our friends.

charlie's family was nice enough to let us stay in their house while we searched for an apartment of our own. after weeks of searching, we found the perfect apartment. the minute we stepped into it we knew it was for us, even if it was only for a temporary amount of time. we finally moved in two weeks ago, which has resulted in us still having loads of boxes around the house.

which now is the reason why charlie cant find anything and we're going to miss our flight out to florida for jeremy's wedding.

"OKAY IM READY" he says tiredly as he grabs my hand and his luggage before pulling me out the door.

"i told you to make sure you had everything YESTERDAY" i scold him as we run towards his car.

he rolls his eyes before opening up the trunk of his orange Subaru and throwing our luggage in there.

"what were you even looking for?" i question him.

"just something i needed" he shrugs giving me his vague answer. i decide to let it go as we try to speed to get to the airport.

"im sure you just broke like 7 laws while driving right now" i laugh as we rush out of the car.

"we're on time now, aren't we?" he smiles trying to justify his horrendous driving. we take our bags out of the trunk and lock the car, rushing towards the entrance.

"you know, this is like our little tradition" he laughs as we make our way to airport security.

"what is?"

"being late and rushing through airports when we need to be somewhere." i shake my head at him trying to bite back a smile.

"YOU'RE the one who always makes us late" i say while putting my things in the plastic container and walking through the metal detector.

"UM no, i dont think that's true" he tries to defend himself, now putting his things in the small container and waiting for his signal to walk through the metal detector. the second he walks through the detector starts screeching loudly.

"sir im going to have to ask you to step aside" the security guard tells him, i hold back a laugh as charlie does what he's told.

"OH WAIT i know why it went off" he says as he's being searched, taking out something from his back pocket

"CHARLIE" i yell, covering my face with my hands. the security guard gives him an annoyed look. 

"sir you can not bring a knife on a plane, im sorry im going to have to take that from you" the guard warns him before snatching it out of his hands, his face falling in disappointment.

he's searched once more by the security guard before being let through. he grabs his things quickly before grabbing my hand and taking off running.

"why on earth would you bring a KNIFE to the airport?!" i finally ask as we arrive to our gate, smacking his shoulder in the process.

"HEY have you read about the things that happen in florida?! i just wanted to be prepared!" he answers defensively, pouting as he rubs his shoulder.