chapter 25

the loud sound of pans crashing against one another and the smell of something burning wake me up the next morning. i sit up and laugh a little as i realize the only disaster that could be happening is that charlie is in the kitchen. he's never been good at cooking. 

i go to the bathroom quickly, i dont want charlie to burn anything down today. i take a good look at my face after im done brushing my teeth and doing my skin care. 

my eyes are still pretty swollen, a tint of purple peeking through my under eyes. my lips are more pouty and a deeper shade of pink. i sigh and try to forget the painful words my mother said to me. 

i dont know what i did for her to treat me this way, i dont know if i could forgive her. especially after the way she spoke to charlie. 

"SHIT" charlie's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. i laugh a little and walk out towards the kitchen. 

smoke is coming through the pan he's using at an alarming rate, there is flour everywhere and he's picking up a pitch black pancake off of the floor. 

"i hate to say it but i dont think you would make it on master chef" i say teasingly. my voice scares charlie, making him drop the egg he was holding onto the floor.  

i walk over to where he is and turn off the pan he was using. i look at him and he has batter all over his hands and flour smeared on his face

"i wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed" he says shyly, putting down the batter and going to wash his hands

i smile at his words, he's always been so thoughtful.

"thank you but lets try to not burn down my apartment." i laugh a little as i wet a towel and start cleaning some of the flour off his face. 

"how are you feeling olive?" he asks as he takes my hands in his. i take a deep breath before answering.

"i feel hurt. i want to understand her reasoning but it just doesn't make sense to me. then she says even more hurtful things, not just to me but to you." his hands pull me into him and i rest my head on his shoulder. i feel like crying but no tears come out. 

"lets not think about it today, she'll come around eventually. lets spend the day together, just you and me. whatever you want to do." he says pulling back with a little smirk on his face. 

"olivia, you are such a sight to see in my clothes" he says playfully, giving me a little spin. our laughs filling the apartment. 

"can we just have a lazy day today? we can order food and watch movies" i suggest, finding my way back into his arms. he smiles down at me.

"sounds perfect olive, i reeeally dont want to cook" he laughs placing a kiss on my forehead. 

the rest of the day goes by with us cuddling on the couch. the sun is setting now and we just finished watching the entire twilight series, with the occasional popcorn throwing and playful bantering.

"all im saying is that i would've liked another love triangle with bella, edward and jasper" charlie says with a mouthful of sour patch kids. 

"jasper literally tried to kill her" 

"okayyy that doesn't take away from the fact that he's really good looking!" 

"so is the entire cast!" i laugh at him as i sit up and face him. he copies my movements, his fingers tucking my hair behind my ear. 

he gets closer, his eyes moving from my eyes to my lips. we both start leaning in. just as his lips lightly brush against mine, there's a knock on my door. charlie sighs loudly, moving his head to rest on my shoulder. 

"lets try again later?" he whispers onto my neck, making a shiver go up my spine as he pulls away. i nod, feeling my face blush. 

i walk towards the door, opening it to reveal the rest of our friend group.

"hello lovers, we came to join your honeymoon" madison says walking through the door. i laugh and greet jeremy and caro, welcoming them in. 

"hi owen" i smile at him and he gives me a small smile in return, he walks in not saying anything else to me. i furrowed my eyebrows, that was weird. 

"hi liv! hope you dont mind us coming here" tori says as she's the last one to come inside. 

"of course not, my home is your home" i smile at her. she takes in what im wearing and tilts her head a little.

"is-is that charlie's sweater?" she asks pointing at the hoodie. 

"yeah, he gave it to me" i say taking in her reaction.

she blinks a couple times but her smile comes back.

"how nice of him" is all she says before joining the others in the living room. 

i shake my head and close the door, joining everybody in my living room. 

"charlie why are you shirtless when its like 30 degrees outside?" caro asks  

"because he's a crack head" madison answers her, making us all laugh. 

charlie sticks his hand out towards me, motioning me with his head to come towards him. i take his hand and he pulls me onto his lap, his arms wrap around me as he places his head on my shoulder. 

"olivia keeps me warm" he answers, and i cant help but cover my face as it furiously burns red. 

"awww" caro and jer say together while madison makes a sound like she's going to throw up. 

"so are you guys official?" caro asks us excitedly. i turn my head to charlie, his eyes are bright and his smile is big, my heart melting at the sight of him. 

"yes" i say before he can say anything else. he bites his lip a little as he smiles, then places a kiss on my shoulder. 

i notice tori's face fall a little in disappointment but i dont pay much attention to her as my eyes meet owen's blue ones. 

he smiles at me but his eyes look.... sad? 

i hope he's not mad at me, i should've told him before charlie did. maybe ill be able to talk to him alone later. 

"i thought we could have a jonas brothers night since we have the concert tomorrow. thats why we came, olivia we know you have all their cd's so lets get this night going!"  jeremy says excitedly.

we dance around and sing for hours together, laughing and joking. making plans for tomorrow. i try to have fun with them but owen's sad eyes remain in my head. 

a.n.

hiii im sorry this chapter isnt that good but the next one will be. ill update again tomorrow.

i hope you guys are well. please keep commenting and voting. i love you guys! - cyn <3