chapter 23

charlie's pov

ive felt euphoric almost the entire day. olivia saying she feels the same has me bouncing off the walls. it feels like a dream and i dont ever want to wake up. 

we finished shooting for the day, im walking back toward olivia's trailer so we can go home. i walk up the little steps seeing her door open. she's organizing her papers in a neat stack, her hair is tucked behind her ears.

she looks like an angel

i knock lightly at her opened door and im greeted with my favorite smile when she sees me. 

"ready to go olive?" i say walking closer to her. she nods and grabs my hands.

"i want to tell you something before we go, in case i dont get a chance to later." she says leading me to sit. she takes a deep breath before looking at me and my heart beat quickens. 

please dont change your mind about us

"im going to go visit my mom tomorrow, to confront her" she says looking back down at our hands. i cant help but be relieved it was this and not what i was previously thinking. 

"i'll come with you." 

"you dont have to charlie, i know it's going to get ugly and i dont want her saying anything to you" she smiles sadly at me, my heart now breaking for her. 

"im coming, you shouldn't go through this alone. if anything i could wait for you in the car, i just want to be there for you." i say taking her face in my hands. she rests into me, smiling as my thumbs caress her cheeks. 

"thank you." she looks back up at me and i feel like kissing her right then and there.

she said take it slow.

i settle for a small kiss on her forehead, my lips tingling as i pull away. 

"ill pack a bag tonight and sleep over your place again. i was thinking of telling owen about us tonight." i tell her as we get up and start exiting the trailer. 

"good because i already told madison" she says smiling as i wrap my arm around her.

we get to her car and owen is already leaning on it. his eyes go to my arm around her and his expression changes. i remove my arm from around her but owen doesnt look at me, just olivia.

"i call shot gun this ride" he says to her smiling as we all get into the car.

the ride home was filled with owen opera singing pop songs the whole time, making olivia laugh so hard she was crying. 

i have a strong feeling that owen does have a crush olivia, i just hope he wont treat her any differently after i tell him the truth. 

we say good bye to olive and enter our apartment, my hands now sweaty from how nervous i am. 

"hey owen, can we talk?" i ask him after changing into some sweatpants. he's eating cereal out of the box again while watching tv. 

"yeah man, what's up?" he says with his mouth full of lucky charms.

here goes nothing.

"well um remember when you asked if there's something going on between olivia and i?" i say fiddling with my hands. he stops eating and sits up straight. 

"yeah" he nods for me to continue

"well i-i didnt exactly tell you the whole truth. i told you we were best friends. we were actually in a relationship for a long time. she is my first love- my first everything really. but her mom, she didnt believe in me. she didnt think id ever make it as an actor. she manipulated me, she got into my head and made me believe that leaving her was the best thing for her. so i left her, without any explanation" i look at him and his eyebrows are furrowed, confusion evident on his face. 

"can i ask why did you lie to me?" 

"she was just so upset with me and she seemed to be really fond of you. i didn't know if she wanted you to know anything that happened." 

"you could have told me, i would've understood. im sorry about what happened man." he says sincerely. i give him a small smile. 

"thank you. i have to tell you one more thing though." owen takes a deep breath, as if he knows what's about to come next.

"olivia and i have decided to get back together again" i say and his expression changes to one with a big smile. 

"im happy for you charlie, dont mess it up this time" he says smiling at me. i let out a breath of relief. 

"you're not angry?" 

"why would i be angry?" 

"because i lied to you.... and because i kind of thought you had a thing for her for a second." i say shyly, feeling my face burn slightly.

"i get why you didnt tell me, but im glad you did now. as for olivia, i did have a little crush on her. she's the best but i see the way she looks at you, i kinda knew that you guys were bound to be together" he says with a small smile, his voice soft in contrast to normal chaotic owen. 

"im going to hug you now" he says getting up and squeezing the air out of me. i cant help but laugh and hug him back. 

"just no sex while im here" owen says going back to his cereal box. 

"owen shut up" i say and head to my room to pack a bag for tomorrow. i throw whatever i can into a backpack i have, i cant wait to be around olivia again. 

"owen im staying at olivia's, we're spending the day together tomorrow. please dont burn down the apartment while im gone" i tell him as i get my keys.

"okay charles, remember! no glove, no love" owen teases, breaking out laughing. i feel my face heat up as he says his dumb comments. 

"i hate you" i say as i close the door and make my way to my girl's apartment. i knock on the door impatiently. 

olivia opens the door quickly, still wearing the same clothes from earlier.

i furrow my eyebrows as i see her face. her eyes wide and her face stressed. i see a shadow appear from behind her.

"oh now i understand why you havent called me or visited" her moms voice boomed through the apartment. 

a.n.

oop-

i just wanted to quickly thank you all for 19k reads! thats insane. please keep commenting and voting. i love reading everything and interacting with you guys. 

i know its a stressful time right now with elections and who will be in office but i hope this can distract everyone ,at least for a bit. please stay safe and take care of yourself. you are valid, you are loved, you matter. always. - cyn <3