chapter 32

same day: charlie's pov 

the minute olive left for work i immediately felt like a piece of me was missing. i hugged her pillow and tried to sleep some more. her lingering sweet scent allowing me to fall asleep peacefully again for another 2 hours. 

i wake up once more, the melody to the song im writing with madi is playing in my head. i quickly get up, running towards my song book and opening it.

We say we're friends, we play pretend
You're more to me, we're everything

im writing as im singing out loud. i love the feeling i get writing music. it's so magical when everything just comes to you in an instant. 

Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony

i smile to myself, liking how the lyrics sound along with the melody.  i sigh happily placing the notebook down on olive's night stand. i notice a framed picture of her and her old dog from home, her smile so big and her eyes brighter than the stars. 

i open up my notebook again.

you are my brightest burning star

i never knew a love so real

i close my book and head into the shower. olivia's picture engraved in my mind as i think of the last lyric i wrote down. 

there have been moments when those three words almost slipped out of my mouth. luckily, i always catch myself before they do. truth be told, i never stopped loving her. not for a second. 

but we're older now, we've been through a lot together. i want to do a grand gesture to show her how much she means to me. 

i quickly grab change and grab my keys. i decide to stop and get olivia and i coffee, thinking of her tired face and dark eyes this morning. 

i get to set, walking straight into hair and makeup. daisy, our makeup artist, smiles and greets me. 

"charlie boy! how are you?" 

"morning daisy, im good how about yourself?" i smile at her, wondering where olivia is. 

"good! im great as well" she says as she rummages through her things. "i believe olivia is on the set of julie's room. something about her being too tired" she mentions, winking at me as she mentions my girl's name.

"im going to go find her, thank you. ill be back" i say quickly heading out the door. 

she must've been really tired to fall asleep on the job. it doesn't seem like her. 

i walk through the set and open the door to julie's room. my smile quickly fades as i see her in the bed with owen. 

i swallow harshly, wondering why they're laying so closely next to each other. 

i cant help but feel angry at the sight of them. 

everything was fine when owen was keeping his distance, now he's back and is sleeping centimetres away from olivia's face. i slam the door shut, causing olivia to wake up. 

"really olivia? im scheduled late for work for once and this is what you do?" my anger speaks for me before i can really think. 

she sits up at my voice, her face is confused until owen stirs next to her, realizing what i said. 

"charlie,please its not-" 

"dont" i respond, leaving her coffee on the desk and leaving the room