chapter 19

madison and i hang out while the boys shoot their scenes. it mostly consisted of her making fun of me and my current situation with charlie and owen, my face permanently red from her accusations. 

i cant help but really think about what she's been saying. 

charlie and i are complicated. where do we go from here? do we just continue as friends? do i want to rekindle the relationship we once had? his words resonating in my head. 

i never wanted to leave you 

you're everything i could ever want

i cant ignore my racing heartbeat just thinking of him again. i've dreamt of that moment. of him coming back into my life and giving me closure, i just never imagined this would be the reason why he left so long ago. does he still feel the same?

then there's owen

owen is the friendship ive longed for since charlie left. someone who just immediately understood me and has the kindest soul. it's a bonus that he's just as beautiful on the outside then that on the inside. i've become so fond of him. 

does that mean i have a crush on him?

"liivvv" madison sings, snapping me out of my thoughts. i turn to look at her smug face. 

"come on lover girl, we have to go to dance practice." she says playfully and i roll my eyes at her words. 

"also i didnt get to thank you." she says stopping in her tracks and turning to face me. i furrow my eyebrows, confused as to why she was thanking me. 

"for giving kenny the idea to let charlie and i write a song for the show. that means the world to me." she gives me a warm embrace. i laugh, hugging her back. 

"the world deserves to hear how talented you are madi"

"I WANT IN ON THAT HUG" we hear someone shout before both of us are engulfed in someone else's arms.  

"come here jer" i say pulling him in closer

"this is nice" he says and we all pull away. we start walking together again towards the dance studio. 

"hey guys, my fiance just landed here in vancouver. she's visiting me for 2 weeks. she's asking if you guys want to have a game night at our place?" jer says casually. 

"YOU'RE ENGAGED?" madi yells at him. i laugh as she smacks his shoulder. "why didnt you say anything before??" he shrugs at her question. "it never came up, but yes im engaged. we havent picked a date for the wedding yet but you're all invited." he smiles putting both his arms around us. 

we get to the studio and kenny, tori and other crew members are there. jer and mads go get ready for their practice and i walk towards kenny. 

"olivia my right hand woman!" kenny cheers as i approach him and the others. "kenny, the director of the stars!" i say back in the same tone. "oh i love that! someone put that on a shirt" kenny says, causing everyone to laugh. 

"okay lets get started!" kenny shouts as everyone moves to the middle of the room. 

all throughout practice, owen would come up to me every break to tell me a new joke. almost all of them were so bad but it was very entertaining to see him try and land the joke to get me to laugh. 

"okay everybody, thats a wrap for today! go rest. see you all tomorrow." kenny yells and everybody cheers, happy to go back home. 

owen quickly grabs his stuff and runs over to me. 

"are you going to jer's after this?" he asks me, completely drenched in sweat. 

"yeah i am, i came with charlie this morning though. i dont know if he wants to go, he seemed really tired" my eyes search for charlie and they find him. he's laughing, picking up tori as she screams for him to let her go. 

i feel myself deflate a little.

"well if he doesn't want to go, we could ride together. i want to go home and shower first anyways, you could wait for me in our apartment and we'll head on over?" owen offers with a shy smile on his face. 

"i'd love that owen." i smile at him as we start walking out of the dance studio. 

"olive! wait up!" charlie screams after us. we both turn around as he runs up to us panting. 

"ready to go?" charlie asks me, not even giving owen a glance. "uh yeah im just going to get my things." i say looking at from him to owen. "cool, ill go help you" charlie offers immediately, fixing the beanie on his head. 

"ill see you at home, just walk in. i promise to be clothed this time" owen jokes and i laugh, giving him a nod. 

charlie furrows his eyebrows at me as owen walks away.

"you're coming to our place?" he asked as we start walking towards my trailer and i nod at him "jer invited all of us to his house for a game night. his fiance is here visting" i tell him and he looks at me shocked. 

"JER IS ENGAGED AND DIDNT TELL US?" he yells just like madi did and i cant help but laugh. 

"yes he is. owen said i can ride with him, he just wants to shower first. i dont know why i keep agreeing to him almost always killing me" i laugh thinking of all our car rides, yelling at owen to be careful. i dont know how he has a license. 

"o-oh. well im not too tired. i can drive all of us to jer's house." his voice a little higher now and he shoves his hands in his pockets. 

we enter my trailer and i grab my things quickly. as i turn around i take in charlie's features.

his eyes are pink and tired. his hair is all over the place again and he smells like sweat. i walk over to him, removing his beanie and running my fingers through his hair once more.

his eyes locked on me as i place the beanie on his head again. my hands placing themselves to either sides of his face. 

"are you sure you'll be okay?" i ask him, my eyes meeting his. 

he places his hands on my wrists, taking one hand in his and kissing my knuckles. his eyes never leaving mine. 

"i will be as long as you're around." 

my body feels like it's electric while my face burns red. he smiles at his affect on me, letting go of our hands and putting his arm around me, leading me to his car. 

the warmth of his embrace making me lean into him more, wrapping my arms around his waist as we walk. 

we both cant help the smiles on our faces.

this feels right.