chapter 20

the drive home was different, in a good way. charlie and i joked and laughed with each other more than usual. our smiles permanently on our faces. 

we arrived to our building and made our way up to charlie's apartment. he looks at me quickly before trying to put his key in the lock. 

i smile as he misses putting the key in twice. 

"charles i think you're nervous" i say teasingly, taking the key and opening the door for him. he has a small smirk on his face. 

"well maybe if you stop looking at me like that, i wouldn't be" he says glancing quickly down to my lips and back up to my eyes, he winks at me as he enters his apartment first.

"well maybe if you weren't flirting, i wouldn't be looking at you" i shoot back at him, biting my lip as i hold back a laugh at his dramatic gasp. 

i would be lying if i said i wasn't loving this right now. 

he laughs and walks over to me, leaning on the kitchen counter slightly. his eyes now bright and his playful smirk never leaving his lips. 

"what if i dont want to stop flirting with you?" i feel my heart rise to my throat as the words leave his lips. he crosses his arms across his chest, his smile growing as my face burns red.

"then dont" i say my voice now almost a whisper. 

neither of us say anything, we just stare at each other. i get the feeling of deja vu, savoring the familiar sense of being with charlie this way. playful, flirty, and feeling electric around him. even if its just for a moment. 

"liv! you're here!" i snap out of the trace i was in, turning my head to see owen walking towards us. 

"owen you just saw me like half an hour ago" i say, shaking my head at his excitement. he shrugs at me, giving me a quick hug. i can feel charlie's burning gaze on me as he does. 

"charlie said he wants to come to game night, he offered to drive" i tell owen as i pull away from his embrace. 

"oh okay yeah cool. i dont mind driving though." owen says, giving charlie a glance. 

"olive and i dont want to die tonight. ill drive" charlie says, putting his hand on owen's shoulder.

"dont touch me" owen says slapping his hand away. 

we made our way towards jeremy's house. the car ride quiet for the most part, awkward almost. charlie parks his car and we walk towards the building. me in the middle of both of them. 

jeremy opens his apartment door, his face glowing with happiness. 

"liv!" he says giving me a hug as i enter though the door. "hi jer!" i say back smiling at him. "do you think he chooses to ignore us or?" owen says to charlie as the walk in after me. 

"i spend all day with you idiots, plus liv is my favorite" jer says walking us towards his living room. 

"oh gosh, you must be olivia! jer here has told me so much about you!" a beautiful brunette girl says walking over to me, pulling me into a hug. 

"all good things i hope" i answer her, taking in her appearance, she's so beautiful. 

"im carolyn, jeremy's fiance" she introduces herself smiling. "it's nice to finally meet you carolyn, im so glad you'll be on set with us. they can be a handful sometimes" i say motioning to the three boys behind me. 

"we can hear you!" owen says, slightly offended. i stick my tongue out at him as carolyn leads me into another room. the boys trailing behind.

madison and tori are there, looking through board and card games.