chapter 18

charlie cried himself to sleep, his head now in my lap with his arms hugged around me. i played with his hair to soothe him, his breathing finally normalizing. 

how could my mother do this to him? to me? her own daughter. 

my relationship with my mother has always been like walking on eggshells. i always tried to live up to her expectations, i did my best to be the daughter she wanted me to be. but one slip up around her and she doesn't hesitate to bring me down.

she treated charlie like a son, cooking his favorite meals and always inviting him over to our house. they use to get along great. why would she take away my happiness?

my thoughts are interrupted when the door to charlie's trailer opens, revealing owen and madison. i quickly wipe my eyes to hide any tears from them, though my eyes already felt swollen. 

"OOP- owen lets go" madi says fast, turning back around after seeing us on the floor. she pulls owen's arm but he stays put, staring at me. 

"it's okay, stay. charlie just fell asleep. he's just had a long day" i tell them, my hands finding their way back to charlie's hair. 

"liv are you okay?" owen walks towards us, his face expressing concern. i give him a small smile. 

"not really, but i will be." i tell him truthfully, not wanting to hide anything from him. 

madison walks over and sits on the couch while owen sits across from me on the floor, his eyes move to charlie's head on my lap. 

"liv i love you, but your eyes are so swollen, you look like you're having an allergic reaction" madison tells me and i cant help but laugh wholeheartedly, causing charlie to start waking up. 

he stretches his arms out and pulls me into him one last time before letting go and turning his body around. his eyes still closed while my cheeks burn red knowing owen and madison saw him do that. 

"GOOD MORNING SLEEPING UGLY" owen screams into his ear and charlie jumps up so high, the wind is knocked out of him when he lands back down on the ground. 

we all laugh so hard at noise charlie made when he hit the ground. 

"HE SAID WOOF" madison screams in between laughing. i have tears in my eyes again.

"i hate all of you" he mumbles while glaring at owen. owen throws a kiss at him, making charlie stick out his tongue. 

"we actually came to tell you that you have to go start shooting again. and now it's my turn to hang out with liv" madison tells charlie and he nods. 

we all get up and start walking towards the next set. im walking with owen while charlie and madison walk a good distance behind us. 

"are you excited to see my dance moves later?" owen asks, a smile spreading on my face. 

"im counting down the seconds, i cant wait to see you do ballet" i tease him. "baby, there's nothing these legs cant do" he says, grabbing my hand and giving me a twirl. making us both laugh, as he pulls me closer to him. 

"any tips on the dancing?" he says, leaving his hand in mine. "just watch your step." i say sweetly while i stick my foot out quickly in front of his, causing him to trip and fall over. 

"OLIVIA YOU'VE DONE IT NOW" he screams over madison and charlie's loud laughs. i start running towards set, trying to avoid payback from owen. 

my legs aren't fast enough and right before i head into the set, two arms wrap around me pulling me up and carrying me in.

"owen! put me down!" i yell at him. mads and charlie finally catching up to us. 

"what's the magic wooooord?" owen drags out causing the rest to laugh. 

"waffles. now let me go and go film. you too charles" i laugh as he places me down. i look over at charlie and he smiles before heading towards the set. 

madison stands next to me, linking her arm in mine. "are you going to tell me what happened with you and charlie or do i have to beat it out of you?" she says playfully. my smile fades as i remember what happened earlier. 

"charlie told me the truth mads. he told me why he left." i whisper as they start filming. she gasps and looks at me with wide eyes. 

"no way! what happened?" she says moving to stand in front of me. 

"he said my mom made him leave me, she manipulated him. she made him feel like he was nothing and got into his head. he thought he was doing what was best." i tell her looking down, trying to focus on anything else other than the pain in my chest. 

"your MOM? that's cruel. im so sorry olivia." she brings me into a hug. "what are you going to do?" she asks as she pulls away from me.

"i was thinking that the next day we have off, im going to drive up to my town and confront her about it. i need to do it in person rather than over the phone." i tell her and she looks at me with sorry eyes. 

"do you want company? i can go with you?" she offers and i take both her hands in mine. "thank you madi, but its something i should do myself. just in case it gets messy" i laugh and look towards the boys. 

my eyes meet charlies as they prepare to shoot the scene again, he smiles brightly at me. 

"i forgave him, it wasn't his fault. i know how my mother is." i tell madi, she smiles and nods at me. 

"so olivia, does that mean you and charlie are still just friends or are you going to try the relationship train one more time?" she wiggles her eyebrows at me as i gasp at her question. 

i feel my cheeks burn as i look at the boys again, ignoring her question. this time, my eyes find owen. he's in character but he still manages to give me a small smile. 

"or do you just want to be friends with charlie because you've developed a crush on owen??" she says wiggling her eyebrows once more and i gasp again. 

the audacity. 

"i dont want to date anyone right now, i just want to enjoy this experience." i answer her truthfully. 

"dont lie to yourself olive" she says smirking at me once more, using charlie's name for me. 

i shove her away from me playfully, blushing like crazy at what she pointed out. 

im not lying to myself.

authors note

thank you all sm for over 10k reads!! that's insane. i hope you're enjoying the story. this was sort of a filler chapter. the next one will be better i promise. keep voting and commenting!! have a happy halloween, stay safe and dont do anything charlie and owen wouldnt do! love you guys! - cyn <3