chapter 28

one month later

im currently sitting with jeremy, laughing so hard we're crying because madison put a peeled banana in charlie's back pocket.

this past month has been almost perfect. it's november now, the weather is unforgivably cold and most days are gray and gloomy. but somehow, our days still manage to be bright. we've all been having the best time together. even on our days off, we always end up spending it with each other. we've hiked, explored, and ate in so many places around the city.

my relationship with charlie has been a dream. he's practically moved into my apartment, it's like we're attached at the hip. waking up to those eyes and going to sleep in his embrace is absolute bliss.

owen still hasn't been around much and i miss him terribly. his chaotic energy has dimmed down and he's been spending most of his time with jeremy and savannah. he only gives me small smiles now and if im lucky, a wave. i dont want to be selfish but i cant wait for him to come around again.

"WHY WOULD YOU PUT IT IN MY POCKET PEELED?! IT'S MUSHY NOW" charlie yells in disgust, taking chunks of banana out of his back pocket.

"i CANT" jer laughs as he falls onto the floor holding his stomach. i cant even see because of the tears blurring my eyes.

charlie cleans his hands and pouts his way over, sitting next to me and laying his head on my shoulder.

"i hate it here" he mumbles. my hand finds his hair, starting to play with it.

"you're such a baby" i tease him.

"im your baby"

"ew, excuse me while i vomit" we laugh together as he snuggles into me more, leaving a kiss on my shoulder.

"okay losers, time to go record music!" i yell at them all, standing up with charlie. he wraps his arm around me, keeping me warm from the cold.

we all walk towards the recording studio. everyone is still making fun of charlie and the peeled banana.

"hey guys!" tori smiles as she runs towards the group.

i give her a small smile. she's cool and all when she's not giving charlie bedroom eyes. charlie always assures me that they're just friends but the glint in her eyes when she looks at him contradict that.

we enter the studio to see kenny, the producers and vocal coaches sitting there already.

"my stars! thank you for bringing them on time olivia. charlie, get in there lover boy, you're first" kenny says happily. charlie plants a kiss on my cheek before heading in the booth. we take a seat in a long sofa and some extra chairs behind everyone else.

to my surprise, owen sits next down next to me. he turns his head towards me, giving me a small smile.

"hi liv" he says shyly, a hint of pink on his cheeks.

my eyes widen as i hear his voice. this is the first time he's properly said hello to me in a month.

"hi owen" i smile back, ecstatic that he actually spoke to me. his smile grows a bit more but he looks down, unsure if to continue the conversation.

"how are you?" i ask, not wanting to stop talking to my favorite blonde haired boy.

"i'm a lot better now"

his head turns back to me and his eyes scan my face. he licks his lips fast before continuing.

"ive missed you. so much." his voice is almost a whisper. i feel the familiar stinging feeling in my eyes as the tears start to form.

"not as much as i've missed you o" i say wiping my tears quickly so no one notices.

he puts his arm around me, giving me a hug and smoothing his hand over my hair.

i pull away, sitting up and wiping my eyes once more.

"owen! jeremy! get in there and harmonize with charlie" kenny yells looking back at us. my eyes immediately lock with charlie's. his intense gaze going from me to owen as owen gets up and starts walking into the booth with jer.

before i can think about anything, tori scoots her way closer to me.

"hey olivia!" she says now taking owen's previous spot.

"hi tori" i feel unsure at her sudden friendliness but i grant her a smile anyways.

"soooooo" she drags out, raising her eyebrows at me.

"so?" i ask her confused at what she's trying to ask me.

"are you going back home with charlie?" she asks like it's an obvious question.

"yeah we live in the same building" i say and she shakes her head.

"no i mean like back to your hometown. like for the holidays?"

i look at charlie as he's singing with the boys into the mic. he didn't tell me he was going.

"i didn't know he was going back" i say quietly.

"oh! i thought you knew! he told me three days ago." she says giving me a sort of snobby smile. i dont answer her, i just look at charlie.

"we were hanging out in his trailer when he told me. you were busy with the rest of the cast." she says now looking at charlie as my head snaps towards her.

he didn't tell me they hung out in his trailer

"when did you say this was?" i ask her again, trying to remember if he ever told me anything of the sort.
her smile turning into a smirk now.

"three days ago. you were with madison i believe. so charlie asked me to hangout in his trailer. that's when he told me he was going to visit his family, i thought you knew but oh well. i'm going to go now" she says getting up from her seat. i furrow my eyebrows as she says goodbye and leaves.

why would he tell her and not me?

"okay boys, good job. madison get in there" kenny says as the boys come out.

charlie rushes to sit next to me but his look towards me looks.. upset?

he sits there with his arms across his chest and his face in a scowl.

"what's wrong?" i ask. his head is kept straight, not even turning to look at me before he responds in a low angry tone.

"you know what's wrong, we'll talk about it at home."

this is not going to go well

a.n

hiii babes

sorry i haven't updated, work tires me tf out.
but this chapter was inspired by the new behind the band episode of them recording songs 🥺
anyways, thank you so much for 30k! i'm forever grateful.
keep voting and commenting, i love you guys! -cyn <3