chapter 35

i didn't sleep at all last night. i stayed on my couch staring at the flowers he left on the table, trying to figure out what to do but my mind keeps wondering off to memories of us. i get up to get ready for work, giving the flowers one last glance before heading into my room thinking of another memory. 

it was a cold saturday morning and i got up way too early to get ready for my date with charlie. it was the 7th date we were going on and i couldn't help the nerves as all i could think about was finally making a move and kissing him.

all our other dates ended with a sweet kiss on my forehead or on the cheek. im hoping today i get the courage to actually kiss him. there's a knock on my door as i put on my shoes, i grab my bag and run towards the door with a smile on my face. charlie stands there with his hair slicked back a little bit. he had on a denim jacket, a black shirt and dark jeans. the contrast of the colors making his eyes brighter than ever.

"god olive, you sure know how to take my breath away every single time i see you."  he smiles extending his hand out for me to grab as we walk to his car. 

he took me to a beautiful flower garden, knowing that during this time of year there wouldn't be many people because of the weather. even with the sun hiding behind the dark grey clouds, it was one of the most beautiful places i had ever been too. 

"these are my favorite" i point out to him. "i think they're so beautiful, there's many varieties of this same flower but this shade of pink isnt too common. i cant help but adore it." i say caressing the flower with my fingers, looking up at charlie. 

"i know the feeling" charlie says, his eyes now locked with mine as he steps closer to me. "what are they called?" he asks placing his hands on my hips. "tiger lilies" i almost whisper as we both start leaning in. before our lips can touch, we start getting soaked by heavy rain fall. we ran as fast as we could to get out of it but we were already drenched by the time we got into charlie's car. 

"im sorry" he says laughing loudly, i cant help but laugh with him. "it's okay, i still had a good time. im sorry about your car though" i smile at him as he starts pulling something out of his pocket. a single tiger lily. "i pulled one off the garden as we were running, thought it could be a good remembrance of the time i took you on a date and didnt check the weather." he laughs a little. my heart melting at the sight of him giving me a flower. 

i take it from him,  placing it into the cup holder before i turn to him. i grab his face with both my hands and kiss him. feeling my heart explode as he smiles kissing me back. i pull away from him, my cheeks pink from my boldness. 

"i will get you flowers every single day if it means getting to kiss you like that" he smiles, going in for another kiss. 

i didnt even realize i was finished getting ready as i zone back into reality. i take a deep breath before getting my things and heading out the door. i dont even put on music as i drive to work, trying my best to focus and not zone out again. 

i get to work and go straight into hair and makeup where everyone should be. jer quickly gets out of his seat, making his way over to me. 

"how are you holding up liv?' he asks as he pulls me into a hug. i hug him back, appreciating the affection. 

"im just tired, i didnt sleep last night." i say as madison comes up to me giving me a hug as well. 

"craft services has pretty good coffee, you should go get one before we start for today." madi says, giving me a sweet smile. 

"i think i will. i'll be right back." i say before walking out of the trailer. i walk over to the closest craft service bar. my mouth watering at all kinds of foods and sweets they have. 

i grab a donut and a coffee cup. i start adding creamers to my coffee as i hear footsteps behind me. 

"olivia?" i hear her voice say. i dont even turn around, afraid of how i'll react. 

"please let me apologize. i feel like absolute shit and i -" 

"tori save it, i dont want to hear it." i say quickly putting the lid on my coffee before turning around. she blocks my path before i can walk away.

"i kissed him! he didnt do anything! you have every single right to be mad at me. punch me even. i wouldnt even fight back. but please dont break up with charlie. he did not do anything wrong." she pleads. 

"tori i dont want to do this right now. please move." i say as my patience begins to wear thin. the lack of sleep and heartbreak starting to weigh in. 

"no! not until you hear me out. please!" 

"i dont need to fucking hear it from you! i knew! i always knew you liked him! time after time i would see the way you look at him. everybody saw it too except for him. i dont know what made you think that what you did was going to make him like you. all you did was ruin things! look at all the pain you've caused!" i scream now, feeling the anger take over. 

"im sorry. i know i messed up. i should have never done that and i will live the rest of my life with that guilt. but i swear i will never go near him again, just please forgive him." she says quietly, tears falling from her eyes. 

"stay away from me too tori, i dont want anything to do with you." i say, grabbing my coffee and donut before walking away. leaving her there in her self pity.

this is going to be a long day.