chapter 40

"okay everybody! that's a wrap for now! enjoy your two weeks of holiday vacation!" kenny yells, clapping his hands together.

"happy holidays kenny" i say handing him a small gift bag. his smile widens as he takes the gift in his hands.

"olivia you did not have to, thank you so much" he says opening up his gift. he pulls out the jacket i got customized for him, the words "director of the stars" are engraved in the back.

"my sweet olivia, this is so thoughtful. i will wear it night and day, thank you" kenny says happily as he pulls me into a hug.

"its my pleasure kenny" i smile as i pull away. my eyes lock with charlie's bright ones, his smile leaves me almost breathless as he walks over to me.

"that was so cute to watch olive" he says taking my hand as we start walking off the set.

for the most part, everybody has their own plans for the holidays. so tonight jer and owen have taken it upon themselves to host a "pre-christmas extravaganza"

"ready for tonight?" charlie asks as we get into his car.

"yeah just a little scared of what they'll give us to eat, i really hope they don't cook"

"we'll eat a little beforehand just in case" charlie looks over at me before continuing.

"are you really not going to tell me who you got for secret santa?"

"charles i swear to god, ask me one more time and i will shave your head in your sleep"

"I JUST WANT TO KNOW" he laughs wholeheartedly, placing a hand on my leg while maintaining his eyes on the road.

"then it wouldn't be a secret now, would it?" i say leaning over before placing a kiss on his cheek, his smile widening.

we all decided it would be fun to do secret santa, i got jeremy. charlie, being the biggest man child on the planet, has been trying to get it out of me for two weeks. it's been fun watching him pout around because i wont tell him. 

we get home, quickly eat some peanut butter sandwiches and changing into our ugly christmas sweaters.

charlie puts on a santa hat before heading out the door.

"how do i look olive?" he says, swinging his head back and forth. his smile wide with his hair peaking out from under. 

"adorable" a blush spreading across my cheeks as i answer honestly, before heading out the door. 

"hey lovebirds!" madi called out as she steps out of the elevator.  she runs over to us happily with a present in her hands and reindeer ears on her head. 

"are you guys ready for this?" she shakes her present as we start walking towards owen's apartment. 

"no but lets do this" charlie answers before opening the door with his key. christmas music is playing at full volume, decorations are beautifully placed everywhere throughout the apartment, and owen and jeremy are slow dancing in the living room. 

"hey guys!" owen acknowledges us, giving jer a spin towards us.

"welcome to our wonderland!" jer says excitedly, rushing over to us and pulling us all into an embrace. 

"i feel like we interrupted something" madison comments to seeing them dancing together. 

"dont tell carolynn" jer jokes making us all laugh. 

"so as you know, we can not cook for the life of us, so we bought a ton of mcdonald's for everybody. theres chicken nuggets and fries. help yourself to anything to drink. over here we have a snack table with sugar cookies, gingerbread, and candy. and this! this is our karaoke station where we will sing our hearts out to christmas tunes" jer says giving us a tour of everything they've put together. 

"everything looks beautiful guys" i compliment, earning a smile from both boys. 

"i did most of the work" owen boosts while jeremy rolls his eyes. 

"no you didnt" we all respond, knowing jer did most of the work. 

"you all dont have to attack me like that" 

we all sit at the table eating the food they bought, the night was filled with laughter and happiness. enjoying the company of one another.

"i say we give each other our gifts before we get this party started" owen suggests as we all sit around the couch. 

"i want to go first!" madison says excitedly, grabbing her present before walking over to owen. 

"merry christmas ow" 

owen smiles at her before opening up his gift, he pulls out a set of new drumsticks, the words "stand tall" engraved in each. 

"this is so cool madison, thank you so much" he says bringing her into a hug. 

"i want to go next!" charlie says excitedly

"that's- that's not how it works"  owen says, charlie ignores him and quickly gives his gift to madison. 

"go on, open it" he encourages, madi smiles as she opens it. she pulls out a portable microphone with small little ghost designs. 

"charlie you did not!!" she says happily

"now you can sing for everyone where ever you go" he laughs, receiving a hug from madi

"my turn! since charlie skipped over me" owen yells, grabbing his gift and walking straight over to me. 

"merry christmas liv" he smiles shyly as he gives me a small gift bag

"for me?" i ask jokingly before opening the bag, there's a small black box inside. i take out the box, gasping as i open it. its a beautiful heart shaped locket. 

"owen, this is so beautiful" i say in awe, his cheeks are flushed a light pink as he stares at me. 

"open it" 

i open the heart shaped locket for it to reveal a group photo we all took not too long ago. my heart warming at the sight of it. 

"i love this so much, owen thank you." i say, trying to blink away the tears forming in my eyes. 

"of course, i just thought it would be a good memento to remind you of your first job like this and how much we've all become a family." he explains his gift, his face turning a shade deeper as he talks before i bring him into one of the biggest hugs. 

"this is one of the most thoughtful gifts you could've ever given me, thank you so much." 

"group hug everybody!" jeremy says joining into our hug 

we all give out the rest of our gifts, charlie received custom guitar pics from jeremy and i gave jer a painted canvas of him and carolynn. 

the rest of the night was spent singing christmas songs on the top of our lungs and dancing until our feet gave out. owen's words in the back of my mind. they really are my family and i hope to have them around for the rest of my life. 

a.n.

ive been trying to write this chapter for almost a week lmao writers block really has me by the throat

thank you all so much for 89k!! i will never be able to thank you all enough for your love and support for this story. 

hope you all are doing well, dont forget to eat and drink water. i hope you enjoy this cute lil chapter, please vote and comment. i love you guys! - cyn <3