chapter 4

I got through my first day with only speaking a few words to charlie. just giving him direction on where to go next. i felt a bit guilty of how i was treating him. he didnt care about how you felt when he left. the voice in my head reminds me. 

i start packing my stuff from my trailer. we wrapped for today and i cant wait to finally get into my bed. apart from seeing charlie, it was an amazing first day. i feel really close to jeremy and madi, im excited to spend more time with them and get to know everybody a little more.

as i exit my trailer, i hear the trailer next to me open. i look over and froze. of course, of fucking course. charlie's trailer is right next to mine. we stare at each other for a second longer before i finally break eye contact. i shake my head, trying to rid the memories and start walking. 

"wait! olive!" he calls out after me. i stop dead in my tracks and turn around. "you have lost every right to call me that." i say calmly, trying to control all of my feelings.  "s-sorry. olivia. im so sorry." he says stepping closer to me. i take one step back. i almost wish i didnt when i see the hurt look in his eyes when i do. "can we please just talk? we're going to be working together for a full year, we should at least talk about what happened. we should talk about us." charlie says with a hopeful gleam. i feel my eyes start to water. push it down liv, you cant cry. not right now. "there is no us. you made that very clear when you left." i say back venomously. "you cant just expect me to act like nothing happened. you broke me, charlie. in every single way." i say letting some of the tears fall out. his eyes start to get watery as well. he mumbles something under his breath so low and so fast i couldnt hear him"what?" i asked confused. "nothing-" "hey guys!!" we turn our heads to see owen walking over to us. i quickly wipe my tears and put on a smile as he nears us. 

he looks at between charlie and i and gets worried. "are you guys okay? did i interrupt something?" he asks looking between us again. "yeah-" "NO, i was actually about to leave to my car." i interrupt charlie. i look over to him, he keeps looking at me like i kicked a puppy. "bye charlie." i say as i start walking away with owen.  

"hey listen im sorry about how i acted earlier today" owen says as we approach my car. i laugh remembering how he literally held his breath until he was purple. "it was really strange but its okay, dont worry about it." i say reassuring him. "yeah i just dont want you to think im some weirdo who holds his breath for fun" we laugh together. "im sure ill think you're a weirdo for other reasons" i say. he gasps dramatically "how dare you. i thought we were friends." we laugh again. he's really cute when he laughs.

"ill let you get going liv, ill see you tomorrow." he says as he taps the trunk of my car. "yeah of course, see you tomorrow weirdo." i say as he starts walking away.

i get in my car and start blasting my comfort song, landslide by fleetwood mac. that song feels like a warm hug and god knows i need one right about now.

authors note

authors note

hiiii lol a little bit of drama in this one. ill try to include a little more insight about what happened between olivia and charlie. then ill add full on flashback chapters. hope you like it!! - cyn