Three

.

{Trouble-maker}

.

Word Count: 5034

"Miriara's quirk is literally light!"

"Huh? Really?"

"Yeah, she's like a light-bender or something."

The Bakusquad huddled around Bakugou's locker, reviewing the events of the day and Costa Miriara's name was in everybody's mouth. Bakugou tensed, hearing her last name for the hundredth time that day. He thought he was going to go crazy if someone brought her up one more time.

Sure, she was pretty and new and had a cool ass quirk but the way everyone was worshipping the ground she walked on was getting on his last nerve.

"She reached her hand up like this", Sero mirrored her movements from the obstacle course, "...and this bright string of light wrapped around her wrist and then she shot it out like POW and it wrapped around the top of the beam and..."

Bakugou snarled, tuning out Sero as best as he could as he switched out his school shoes for his street shoes. He didn't want a reminder of what happened earlier, he'd already seen exactly what happened with his own eyes. A recap was unnecessary and not desired.

He slipped his shoes on as Sero continued with his story, the others in his friend group listening intently with intrigued looks on their faces.

Bakugou slammed his locker shut, walking away from the cluster without a second glance. Sero paused his story, looking after the blonde boy with confusion. Kirishima eyed his friend with a sigh.

"What was that?", Mina asked.

"He's just mad that everyone's obsessing over the new girl", Kirishima said with a shrug, instantly interpreting his best friend's actions. Kaminari and Sero shared a look before chuckling, "Sooo he's jealous?"

"Well, yeah. Everyone kind of avoids him like the plague and she just walks in and everyone wants everything to do with her", Kirishima cringed, thinking of how everyone reacted to Bakugou at the beginning of their first year.

Bakugou had grown a lot in one year, his friends could especially tell. But a person like Bakugou wasn't one to do a complete 180 within a year, his changes were subtle. He didn't treat Midoriya as badly, only the occasional insult. He'd learned how to cooperate with others more, even though he was still incredibly difficult to work with. He didn't blow his fuse as easily anymore. He'd finally come into his own but he still had some anger issues he needed to work on.