Seventeen

.

{Fight Club}

.

Word Count; 5246

Costa tightened her new and improved, silver cuffs around her small wrists with a sigh. She walked alongside Ochaco and Mina as they chatted about schoolwork. She smiled at the white gloves that painted her fingertips with pads of gold. They fit comfortably, snug and tight but flexible and soft in the fabric.

She was very satisfied with the alterations she'd made to her hero costume, finally able to wear her additions in class after picking them up from Hatsume that morning. Costa cringed as she remembered how Hatsume ranted over how her new yellow visors looked with the rest of her costume, insisting she altered the entire thing to fit the color scheme.

Costa simply chuckled and told her, "Maybe after the sports festival."

Speaking of the Sports Festival, once everyone had piled into homeroom that morning, it was the first thing Aizawa mentioned.

"I know all of you are still buzzing from your recent study program trips but remember that the Sports Festival is fast approaching and I expect all of you to be ready by then," he eyed every single one of his students as he spoke, "You are not first years anymore, you're expected to have risen to a higher standard by now. Show those pros how far you've come since your first year..."

Then he narrowed his gaze on Costa, who was resting her chin on her propped-up fist but listening intently nonetheless, "Or reinstate your strengths in a different setting."

Costa sighed at that, ignoring the lecture about behavior that followed her homeroom teacher's previous announcement.

He was right about having to reinstate her strengths, but as a UA student, not a Shiketsu student. It was odd really, representing an entirely new school and having to prove herself as one of the best and brightest. Pros all over would be watching, their attention likely to be fixed on her right off the bat, given she was the newest addition to the class of potential professional heroes. The same class that survived villain attacks, not once but multiple times. It was a disconcerting situation and yet, she wasn't necessarily nervous about it. Sure she found herself a little anxious given it was all such a big deal to all of them.

But it was an opportunity. An opportunity to get her name out there, to grasp everyone's attention. It would lead her one step closer to the National Women's Hero Championship that was fast approaching. In just a few months, UA would choose what female student would represent the school in the competition.