Twenty-Four

Hey friends! Thank you for your patience and kind words! I'm all settled into my dorm, it's now my second full day on campus and I've been taking advantage of this spacious library to update you guys with another chapter, I hope you enjoy <3

{Screwed}

Word Count ; 7040

Monday morning approached faster than expected, the forecast bright and sunny in Musutafa, Japan. The end of Spring was fast approaching, the sun casting intense rays of heat onto the pavement that Costa's school shoes clicked against as she walked briskly to class.

She'd ditched her school jacket, clad in her short-sleeved, white uniform button-up, her tie loosely wrapped around her collar. She'd popped open the top two buttons of her blouse, revealing a sliver of the inner part of her collarbones as she quickly pulled her hair back, yanking it to the side to tie her lion's mane of hair into a tight braid.

Ochaco and Yaoyorozu talked about the upcoming festivities that UA was to host these next couple of months. First, the sports festival, then the finalization of who would be representative in the National Women's Hero Championship, not to mention the rumor of a spring dance occurring the same night as the competition.

Costa half-listened as she usually did in the mornings she went without coffee. She found it difficult to function without caffeine these days, especially when she trained herself to the bone every day. She'd gotten back into her routine of running twice a day, early in the mornings and late at night. She'd even run a few miles that very morning, slinking into the girl's showers as the alarm clocks began to go off throughout the dorms.

She savored the early morning hot water, steam wafting through the showers as she hummed to herself, scrubbing off the grime and sweat with lavender-scented soap. She passed Bakugou on her way up to her room, hair soaking wet as she threw a towel over her shoulders, already changed into her uniform.

He looked just as tired as she felt, slinking toward the kitchen from his brief morning workout outside Heights Alliance. She'd apparently missed him when jogging back into the building, most likely too caught up in the music she was listening to and the adrenaline pumping through her veins.

He'd noticed her though, in her short, tight Nike spandex and matching sports bra, mocha skin glistening with sweat. He knew she never skipped leg day from the thick, defined muscles of her thighs as she pushed herself up those front steps. Her braids swung behind her, slapping her shoulders repetitively. She had that focused concentration on her face, that same expression from whenever they sparred.