Thirty-Five

You guys are the sweetest! Thank you to those who commented on my notice about taking a mental health day- which was extremely beneficial, by the way. Thank you for being so patient and understanding, I appreciate you so much! I enjoyed writing this chapter today and getting back into the story, I hope you enjoy reading it just as much :)

 Thank you for being so patient and understanding, I appreciate you so much! I enjoyed writing this chapter today and getting back into the story, I hope you enjoy reading it just as much :)

{An Eruption of The Eternal Flame}

Word Count: 6,573

Todoroki sent the largest wave of ice he possibly could after Present Mic had shouted the two-letter word: go!

Costa hadn't prepared much for this match but she did know one thing and it was that Todoroki would do the same exact thing he always did at the beginning of his matches. Which was always sending a giant ice wave. 0 points for creativity, she couldn't help but think in the fleeting moments it took for the ice wave to make it to her side of the arena.

Costa charged as much energy as she could in that moment, once again- thinking like Bakugou would. God, training with him was really starting to pay off.

With a battle cry, she threw as much energy as she could into the oncoming mass of frozen rock. She could feel the momentum and weight of it slamming icy fists against her quirk as she plowed forward. Her heels dug into the ground, her body slamming forward repetitively with each new foot of hard ice. The mass was thick and she strained to pummel through it, tunneling a hole right through the middle- shielding herself.

Shards of ice flew out of the arena, causing people to flinch and duck down as Costa grit her teeth, pounding into that cold, slick solid heap. The hair on her arms rose and goosebumps skittered down her arms as the temperature dropped drastically. A cloud appeared in front of her face as she huffed out an irritated breath.

Stupid fucking ice wall.

When she burst through the last chunk of ice, she exhaled. An even bigger puff of icy breath left her lips. She stretched her neck to one shoulder with a satisfying 'crack' before leveling her head.

Todoroki narrowed his eyes as she stepped onto a piece of ice that could be used as a foot-stool. Then she lowered her chin, looking straight at him through her hooded eyelashes. Her irises flashed a bright, lightning yellow. She shot him her 'intimidation look', lips curving up into a menacing smirk.

"Oh, it's on, Golden Boy."

Then she was off, dashing to the left. Todorki swiveled as her signature light board activated under her feet. She slid around the curve, ducking to hold onto the front of her board. He struck then, delivering another wave of ice. This was one much smaller than the previous. Although, it looked just as sharp as it spiraled toward Costa.