Seventy-Eight

Next chapter is the epilogue :'(

.

{Night of Our Lives}

.

Word Count; 5,332

The next few hours were a blur.

Costa nearly passed out after the boys set her back down on the ground and she had to be helped by both Katsuki and Kirishima to Recovery Girl's office. She was treated, coerced into taking a forty-five minute power nap, before waking up with a start.

School was letting out early, so that all the students had time to get ready for the dance. Costa was bombarded by people wishing her congratulations and telling her how cool she was in the competition as soon as she stepped into the hallway. It was like the past few months had just disappeared with the snap of her fingers and suddenly, she was popular again.

Students she'd never seen before walked right up to her, trying to grab her arm or snap a photo with her.

"We should totally each lunch together sometime!"

"I need some tips on how you do your hair, it's so pretty!"

"Could I like- get your number?"

Costa pushed past everyone like a professional, knocking bodies aside with her shoulders and shouting out, "Everyone get the fuck out of my way!" Those who weren't aware of her fiery attitude looked taken aback while others laughed it off, saying, 'oh, that's just Miriara being Miriara' , as if they knew her personally.

Costa changed back into her school clothes and met the class back at 2A with Aizawa just before dismissal. Everyone lit up when they saw her hurry into the room, spitting out comments like, "Hey champ, how ya feeling?" or "There's our class champion!"

"How's it feel to be our official female UA representative?" Kaminari waggled his eyebrows at Costa, who couldn't seem wipe the cocky grin off her face. She slumped into her designated seat, right in front of Katsuki, with an exasperated smile. "Incredible."

She leaned her elbow on Katsuki's desk, eyes sliding over to meet his. He scoffed, one of his hands subtly inching forward so he could stroke her arm with his fingertips. She bit her lip, shivering a bit at the soft touch, "Hey."

"Hey." His eyes were light and teasing, and her lips broke into the smile she couldn't suppress.

Kaminari face crumpled in disgust. "Ewww grosss, take your couple stuff somewhere else. I can't stand it anymore."