Sixty-Four

My online class is almost over so I have more time to write! The goal is to finish this whole book by August. Therefore, I plan to be writing my ass off for the next month ;)

Anyways, here's some angst lol!

.

{No Way Out}

.

Word Count; 4,938

Costa had dozed off watching Kamisama Kiss and jolted awake when Hana started tapping her on shoulder- well, more like jamming her finger into her skin.

"What! What!" Costa groaned, rubbing her eyes as she sat up on the couch. She noticed the fuzzy blanket draped over her body and paused, realizing Hana had probably thrown it over her when she'd fallen asleep. Hana was hovering over her, suppressing a yawn.

"I'm going to bed, you should too." Hana said through her yawn, stretching her arms up above her head. Costa yawned right back, glancing around the room in search for her phone or a clock to tell the time, "What time is it?"

Hana looked down at the invisible watch on her wrist and Costa deadpanned, causing Hana to snicker and drag herself into the kitchen. After a couple of seconds, she'd popped her head back around the corner to exclaim, "A bit after eleven. I have to drive you to school tomorrow so don't stay up too late, okay?"

"Okay," Costa nodded in agreement, tossing her legs over the couch and placing her feet on the floor.

As soon as she stood up, tossing the blanket on the couch beside her, all the lights in their apartment abruptly darkened. Hana and her paused, looking around in confusion as their lights flickered and then completely shut off all at once.

"Ugh, not again..." Hana groaned, scratching her head. "This is the third time in weeks!"

Costa rolled her eyes, cautiously crossing the room into the kitchen. She tucked her hair back behind her ears and rummaged through the first drawer on the right. She quickly pulled out their fairly large flashlight and clicked it on, casting a beaming yellow light across the space.

Hana blinked rapidly as Costa shone the flashlight on her and snickered. "I'm gonna go see if the landlord needs help restoring the main breaker in the utility closet. He's old, he never knows what he's doing anymore." She shoved the flashlight into Hana's hands and waltzed off.

"C'mon Cos, what's he gonna do when you're moved out for good? No one will know how to turn the power back on since you've been doing it for them every single time." Hana nagged her, crossing her arms over her chest as Costa went to put her slippers on. She then realized how ridiculous she looked in her baggy shirt, short ass boy shorts, and grey pajama slippers. But it was already starting to get cold in the room and Costa needed some light around her to feel sane. To feel safe, really.