Twenty-One

Your comments motivated me to write and edit this chapter today, I hope you enjoy :)

.

{A Light in the Darkness of the Mind}

.

Word Count ; 5549

Costa and Bakugou were dressed and ready to go bright and early the next morning. They quickly had a nice breakfast at the hotel before changing into their hero costumes and heading to Yoroi's agency.

There, they had a brief meeting to discuss details about the events that were to unfold later that day. Yoroi provided each of them with coms instead of radios to ensure they could communicate with each other without outsiders listening in.

Costa stuck her com inside her ear as she and Bakugou made their way downtown, stepping off the subway and onto the city streets they'd patrolled the day before. She grimaced as she struggled to fit the thing in her ear, "Good God, I thought these were supposed to be smaller."

"Mine fits fine," he said, not passing her a second glance as they turned a corner. She glared up at him, pulling the com out of her ear to examine it. An idea popped inside her head and she turned toward him, "Hey, let me try yours on real quick."

"Fuck no."

"What- come on, what if it fits me better?"

"Absolutely not, I don't give a shit if yours doesn't fit," he scowled, brushing her off as she tried to peer up at his ear. She grabbed onto his arm, pulling him back slightly, "I'm just asking to try it on. Real quick."

He looked over his shoulder at her, which was his first mistake. She peered up at him through her eyelashes, her golden eyes reflecting in the morning sun. The gold-lined with a soft sunset orange softened as their orbs locked in on each other. Her grasp on his arm tightened as she flashed him her pretty, begging eyes. He almost grimaced as it made his chest feel slightly weird.

"Get off of me," he shrugged his arm out of her grip, "And stop looking at me like that, you freak."

"Rude," she rolled her eyes at him, trying to shove the device back into her ear, "Ugh, this is so annoying."

"Stop complaining about it."

"I would stop if it fit. It fucking hurts," she said, snapping at him as she cursed at the small device in her hand. He side-eyed her, watching as she fiddled with the thing.