Thirteen

.

{Unexpected Pairing}

.

Word Count: 4911

It was Friday, finally.

A week full of busy classes and buzz about the upcoming second-year group case studies led to a build-up of anticipation in the classroom. Every face Costa glanced at when she walked through the common area that morning looked ready for anything thrown at them.

She felt it too, that wave of excitement and anxiety for the challenge laid out for them. Aizawa spoke very highly of the program, mentioning how most students going into the case studies start out as amateurs and come out as future pros.

The program was a deciding factor in the pro-hero world. Working with different agencies across the country would create many different connections, as well as get a student's name known in multiple cities, building a brand new fanbase.

It was a tad bit sickening how much being considered a 'good pro hero' depended on popularity.

But Costa knew the cost of the path she'd chosen, how it might make her personal life difficult. She feared how people might try to pry into her past, might ask around for her personal information and leak it to the public. How terrifying the thought of anyone finding out about what happened last year was to her. If that got out to the public... she didn't know what she would do.

Costa sat at her desk with an anxious look on her face, bobbing her knee furiously as her classmates chatted around her. Her eyebrows knit closely together, she stared at a tile on the floor a few feet in front of her, biting her lip in deep thought.

Bakugou's eyes flickered upward to stare at the back of her head as she zoned out. He didn't fight the sour look that appeared on his face when he noticed how she was tapping again.

'God, is this bitch always moving?'

She paid him no heed, unknowingly tapping her heel on the tile floor while waiting anxiously for Mr.Aizawa to show up. Bakugou snarled, resting his head in his arms, hunched over his own desk. The truth was, he was just as anxious for his teacher's arrival as Costa was, minus all the secrets.

His red eyes flickered back up to those platinum curls tossed over her shoulder effortlessly, cascading down the back of her blazer in a river of white. His eyes narrowed before he covered his face once again with his arm, trying not to direct his attention on her.