Seventy-Three

⚠️sexual content warning about halfway through this chapter (skippable)⚠️

.

{Burning Up}

.

Word Count; 6,508

Katsuki groaned as he was pulled from his slumber by the knocking at his door .

He flinched, realizing he was still hunched over his desk, having fallen asleep while doing his homework. Every light in the room was on, causing him to curse at himself as he rubbed his eyes, another pattern of familiar knocks hitting his door. Then, there a soft, "Katsuki."

He finally glanced at the clock and it was after eleven. Did Costa just now get back from whatever the hell she'd been doing all afternoon?

He crossed the room and the door swung open. He took one look at Costa in her grey hoodie, her baggy jeans, and her messy hair, those eyes a bloodshot red as she blinked up at him. He didn't waste a moment before pulling her into his room.

"Wait-" She stopped him, putting her hands on his chest. There was this definitive look in her eyes that was perhaps a little wild and unpredictable. He squinted at her in confusion, "What? What's wrong?"

Her voice was breathless, slightly rushed, and she was wringing out her hands as if they were a wet towel. "I need you to do something with me."

"Right now?" He rose an eyebrow. She let out a half-hearted laugh, nodding back at him. "Yes, right now."

"Cos, it's almost midnight."

"I'm aware of how late it is, but I just gotta do it tonight." She shook her head, her hands making spastic gestures almost anxiously. He analyzed the glint in her eyes, that hint of an idea.

First she goes ghost all afternoon and now she's trying to drag him into something? He looked at her, confused, and slightly suspicious of whatever she was plotting. 

"Just- let me explain later, okay?" She asked, silently begging him to put his trust in her for this. He wasn't that hesitant over it, just puzzled. He shrugged, nodding at her in answer. "Okay. Okay, sure. What the hell do you want?"

Costa bit her lip, nodding backwards, toward her room on the opposite side of the hallway. "I need to grab something first, but we also need a metal trash can and matches."

"Huh?"

Before he knew it, Katsuki found himself silently sneaking out of Heights Alliance, filing behind a tip-toeing Costa. She had a cardboard box filled with things tucked under her arm, a metal bat in her opposite hand. She couldn't stop swinging it around and Katsuki cursed at her to be more careful with it.