Four

.

{Bakugou vs Miriara}

.

Word Count: 4270

"Round Two, Hand-to-Hand combat."

Costa could barely contain her excitement as Aizawa spoke, a competitive fire burning deep within her. She suppressed the shit-eating grin that wanted to take over her facial features. This was her time to show-off.

"Aw man...", Kaminari complained as Ochaco patted his back.

Costa looked back at her team with a small smirk, knowing she was without a doubt going to be the best hand-to-hand fighter in the group. It was her specialty, as well as something she enjoyed and took great pride in.

Costa had spent years and years mastering her martial arts and fighting skills. She'd put blood, sweat, and tears into her training and there was nothing more satisfying than showing that effort off. Especially since people tended to assume she wasn't very strong, of course due to the fact that she was a pretty, young girl. She supposed she looked too sweet. Although many people happened to describe her as an intimidating being.

"I'm pitting your teams against each other and you will fight two-on-two", Aizawa explained, piquing everyone's interest. The class followed him out onto the gym field as he spoke. When they stepped out, a collective gasp was heard.

There were 2 large mats in the middle of the field, surrounded by barriers that made it look like boxing rings. Costa bit back a smile at the sight of a ring.

"There will be simultaneous fights of 2-on-2 in both rings. Each pairing's winners will receive 1 point which will be added to your team's overall score at the end of the entire competition", Aizawa said, causing everyone to nod in understanding. He pulled out his clipboard, turning a page over, "Now for your team pairings..."

Everyone tensed in anticipation.

"Midoriya, Mineta, Yaoyorozu and Oijiro will be against Asui, Iida, Shoji & Koda. Midoriya and Mineta will be facing Asui and Iida and Yaoyorozu and Ojiro against Shoji and Koda..."

Costa picked at her nails as she tuned out what teams were facing who, not particularly interested until her own team was called. Ochacho clasped her hands together, her face going pale as she realized the only teams that were left.

"Miriara, Uraraka, Kaminari, and Tokoyami..."

Costa perked up, an excited look appearing on her usually sharp facial features.