Ten

.

{Move in Day & Memorable Encounters}

.

Word Count: 5226

The interesting school day had officially ended and Costa's head had filled with ideas after the conversation in the locker room. Rescue training had forced her to come to the realization that she wasn't fast enough on her own.

Sure, she ran nearly every morning and night and it earned her an upper hand in hand-to-hand combat but rescue training was where her abilities were strained. Costa had always been a firm believer in depending on her own physical abilities other than the flexibility of quirk. She thought depending on quirks made heroes lazy and incredibly vulnerable to people like Eraserhead.

So she always took pride in the fact that she could freely fight without her quirk.

But could she easily rescue without her quirk?

No, probably not.

She was standing with the others in the kitchen area of Heights Alliance, her things already moved upstairs to the fifth floor. Her lips twisted to the side as she zoned out, staring at the two-toned color of Todoroki's hair as Mina babbled on about how fun dorms are beside her. She occasionally smiled and nodded, but her mind wasn't really there, at least not like it usually was.

"Hello?? Earth to Miriara!", Mina waved a hand in front of her friend's face and Costa snapped out of it with a sheepish smile, "Sorry, I'm kind of in my head today."

"Yeah, I can tell", Mina chuckled, leaning against the counter, "Are you thinking about the speed thing?"

Costa nodded, trying not to close her eyes in delight when the smell of freshly baked cookies wafted through the air as Sato opened the oven. He'd gotten to work as soon as they arrived back at the dorms, explaining to Costa that he wanted to make her something special in honor of her moving into the dorms. Costa didn't miss the blush that tainted his cheeks and the way his brown eyes looked in every direction except hers. She thanked him, giving him a playful wink and a pat on the arm. He nearly combusted.

"What speed thingy?", Kaminari perked up, having been waiting for an opportunity to talk to Costa. Costa switched her gaze over to him and he melted into his crossed arms that leaned over the countertop. Costa smiled fondly at the boy, "I'm trying to figure out a way to advance my speed with my quirk."

"Ahh like light speed?", Kaminari's eyes brightened, "That would be the coolest thing."

"Yao-Momo thinks she should make a surfboard made of light!"