Seventy-Six

⚠️sexual content warning⚠️

Okay, since this scene is like right smack in the middle of the chapter, it will start and end with the image of a flaming pepper (lol cause spicy), just so the innocents know what part to skip ;)

.

{The Calm Before the Storm}

.

Word Count; 6,536

There was less than 24 hours til the tournament.

"Give me my phone!" Costa snapped at Katsuki as he held it up in the air, far away from her. She glared at him, sitting at the foot of his bed with her laptop open. Books, notes and crumpled work sheets lay across his bed, evidence of their messy study habits.

Midterms were fast approaching, given they were not only at the half-way point of the semester, but the half-way point of the entire year. That meant they were being thrown for a loop in their classes. Grades were getting harsher, tests were more frequent, and every day left them feeling more exhausted than the last.

Just that afternoon, they were put through a natural-disaster simulation in the USJ that left all of them bruised and groaning when they waddled back into their respective locker rooms.

Now, Costa not only had to stress over the NWHC but her math, chemistry, Japanese, English, and social studies tests all coming up the next week- not to mention their Hero Course exam next Friday. Then, right after exams, they'd be back to their regular work studies schedules.

Katsuki was giving her an equally nasty glare, her phone still clasped in his raised hand.

"No! How are we supposed to get anything done if you're sitting here texting the whole time?!" He scolded her and her jaw dropped open, a slightly-guilty yet offended look taking over her face.

"I'm texting Mirko, we're talking about the competition tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out if she'll be able to make it!" She tried to reason with him but he wouldn't budge, continuing to send her an unconvinced, irritated look. "Katsuki!" She snapped again, getting up on her knees and trying to reach for the phone.

He snickered, rising to to his knees as well, to keep her from being on higher ground. She was grabbing his shirt, trying to pull him closer as her arm flailed out. Her fingers made a "grabby" motion, like a child trying to get their favorite toy back. "Give it!"

"On one condition." He said into her ear and she shivered slightly at the feeling of his breath on her neck. She turned her face to his, their noses only one inch apart. Her glare hardened, "No."