.Extra Four.

Switching up arcs for this one! Taking it back to the beginning of the "after."

"

.

{Aftershock}

.

Word Count: 7425

It'd been a week since the dance and Costa had spent days internally battling herself.

The school competition for the NWHC was complete, something she'd checked off on her directory of tasks to accomplish in the near future. Post-near death and then certain- yet temporary- death had caught up to her, on top of the restless preparation for the ultimate battle.

She'd nearly been killed by the fire-fucker, Dabi, one too many times, and yet still, the competition was at the height of her mind. How could it not have been? It'd been what fueled her, all this time.

Her grief had wrapped its skinny arms around the hope that she'd make it this far. Although, after being drained of everything she had to give for so long, now that she was here, life felt... still.

She'd been sprinting, pushing her limits of muscular strain for years now. Except those muscles possessed ligaments that intertwined with her heart and soul. Loss had infiltrated her goals and ambitions, planting tiny little roots into the soil of what she had to do to move on.

The past several months hit her at full blast, after the high of the dance and the win and the boy she loved. After she grasped that goal she'd been hanging on to since her mother's death.

And so now she thought, well what now?

What now?

Well, for starters, she had an invader she had to deal with first.

Another goal bubbled up inside her, during the days following the competition, when her head was a bit too quiet. The thing inside her, Tesha, she'd decided to call it was tired, given it fed off of Costa's energy. Costa hadn't possessed any energy to provide it since, given she'd spent three days after the competition lazying around.

She was on the news everywhere. It was insane how often she'd heard the public discuss her in the past couple of months. First, there was the incident with the league, or more specifically, Dabi, who'd adopted his own sick agenda with Costa. Which was what? Giving her a quirk of darkness to turn her into a proper villain??

She often found herself clenching her fists or her jaw just from thinking about him. He'd gone out of his way, stepped out of the authority of his leader, just to make her turn to the dark side? Costa had spent minutes, hours, and days, pondering over the question,