Twenty-Six

~trigger warning- mentions of suicide~

This chapter is heavy but it reveals a lot about our protagonist. Just wanted to give you a heads up. It's not graphic or anything but read with caution.

 It's not graphic or anything but read with caution

{An out-stretched hand called 'Grief'}

Word Count ; 5717

Bakugou grunted as he lowered the bar of weights before pumping it above his chest. Kirishima spotted him, legs in a squatting position as he lightly led the bar up and down, counting the reps as Bakugou pushed.

He let out a final huff before placing the bar back in its holding rack, sitting up to wipe the sweat off of his face with the bottom of his workout tanktop. Kirishima patted him on the shoulder, rounding the bench til he was facing his friend, "Good job, man."

"Thanks," Bakugou grumbled, his eyes distant and distracted as he stared at the ground. Kirishima pursed his lips, taking a swig from his water bottle before offering it to his friend. Bakugou nodded, swiping the water bottle from his extended hand.

"What's up with you, man?" Kirishima asked, concern etched across his face as he took a seat on the opposite bench. Bakugou knocked back his big gulp of water, tossing the bottle back to Kirishima, who caught it swiftly.

"Nothing," he said gruffly, nodding his head back as he laid down. Kirishima quickly scrambled back to his spotting position, placing his hands under the bar as Bakugou grabbed either side of it. He helped him lift it off the rack before he began his reps again.

"You just seem really unsettled," Kirishima pointed out as his friend grunted with each push of the bar, "I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with..."

"With what?" Bakugou huffed out in between pushes and Kirishima pursed his lips, contemplating his next words wisely. He shrugged as Bakugou pulled the bar down to his chest, bicep muscles bulging at the strain. He inhaled sharply, "I don't know.. Miriara.. possibly.."

Bakugou's grip faltered and Kirishima quickly grabbed onto the bar, pulling it up with him. The blonde grit his teeth, the sound of her name causing distracting thoughts to swarm in his mind like a raging flood of water. "Damn it," he cursed, pushing back the bar onto its rack and glaring up at Kirishima. The red-haired boy smiled down sheepishly, "Heh, sorry."

"Why do you always bring her up??" he growled at his friend, sitting back up on the bench. Kirishima shrugged, crossing his arms over his chest, "I don't know man, I've just noticed that you guys spend a lot more time together nowadays."