Fourteen

.

{Catnap}

.

Word Count: 4236

Bakugou was pouting in his seat on the train that had just departed from Musutafu station where he'd just left his class. The sun was bright and shining, the birds chirping noisily, it was the perfect day, yet his mood was completely soiled by the unbothered blonde sitting beside him.

It'd been a week since the assigned groups had been announced and he and Costa were currently on their way to Esuha City, in the Kansai region of Japan, a region Costa had never visited before, to arrive at the Fatgum agency. From then on, they were to start their case study with the hero who'd be instructing their training.

Aizawa didn't reveal anything about their first cases, leaving it to the heroes to debrief them before they got to work. He did let them know that they were to start out with low-ranking missions that would get harder the more that they completed.

Costa crossed her arms over her stomach and leaned back in her seat, looking over her shoulder, out the window as the sun streamed through the glass and onto her face. She relaxed into that familiar warmth, her quirk tingling with delight as it soaked the light in. Her hair brightened, her eyes became more vibrant, and her skin grew even more sun-kissed than before, simply from the effects of a sunny day.

Costa couldn't get enough of sunny days.

Bakugou ignored her the entire trip, he'd been trying his hardest to ignore her the whole week but Costa was very... eager. Even if she had to work with Bakugou out of all people, she had every intention of making the best out of it. So all week long, she'd been making internal, optimistic comments about the end of the week, more so having to convince herself than anyone else that it was something to look forward to. Though every time she tried to mention it to Bakugou, he'd send her a glare and walk away. It chipped away that confidence a bit each time he did so.

She needed to be the rational, positive one in their pairing, no matter how difficult it was to work with an emotional chiwawa that yapped at her whenever she'd say something. She let out a sigh, peeking over at the boy hunched over in his chair, elbows on his knees. He had that permanent scowl still on his face, the one he always wore despite who he was around. She rolled her eyes, annoyed by that stupid look on his face, and pulled her phone out of her pocket.

(1) new messages.

Costa tapped on the notification, smiling as Hana's name popped up.

From: Han

Sent: 8:57am

Text me when you get off the train, have fun at ur hero thingy!