Sixty-Two

.

{Connections}

.

Word Count; 5,953

"Yeah... oh, you did?" Costa stood pressed against the brick wall next to Katsuki as they waited for their train to arrive. He glanced over and rolled his eyes as she adjusted her phone that was caged in between her shoulder and ear. "Do I look good in it?"

Mirko chuckled on the other line of the phone call, "Yes, kid, you're very photogenic- but you already know that. That boyfriend of yours, on the other hand, could use a course in posing for a picture."

Costa snorted, side-glancing at an unaware Katsuki who'd been sporting that signature scowl of his ever since they got to the train station, his arms crossed over his chest. She pulled his jacket tighter over her shoulders, thankful he'd been feeling generous enough to give it to her that morning.

The air was turning colder and the leaves were fading from the trees, signaling the start of autumn in Japan. After all, it was finally September, nearly one month away from the competition Costa had been waiting anxiously for, for the past few, long, weeks.

"Oh trust me, trying to get him to smile is like pulling teeth." As if he immediately knew she was talking about him, Katsuki whipped his head around to glare at her. She only suppressed a laugh, "God forbid we ever saw joy on his face-"

"Can it!"

"Is that him?" Mirko asked after Katsuki snapped at her. Costa bit her lip, rolling her eyes at him, "Maybe."

"Where are you right now?"

"Main Street train station in Esuha," Costa ran her fingertips over her side-braid, plucking at the ends. "We're meeting Fatgum at some conference in Kyoto for the night."

"In Kyoto??"

"Yeah, why?" Costa asked, cringing down at the sad excuse that was her stubby fingernails.

She glanced down at her street attire as well, which consisted of an oversized white t-shirt tucked into a pair of wide-legged blue jeans, paired with brown loafers. Katsuki had taken one look at her that morning and slipped back into his hotel room to grab her a plain, navy sweatshirt. She'd thrown it over her head, half-tucking it into her jeans as she grinned back up at him.

Costa had decided to braid her hair, slipping in little studded silver earrings, as well as the amber amulet Katsuki had gotten her for her birthday in order to brush up her appearance.