Thirty-Three

Sorry I didn't post this earlier! I was celebrating my birthday with friends and got a little side tracked, but here it is! Two or three more chapters and the sports festival arc will finally be over with! I intended it to be shorter but ended up adding too many scenes to the timeline. Also, I rush-edited this so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes I missed or poorly worded sentences! Oh well, I hope you enjoy anyway :)

 Also, I rush-edited this so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes I missed or poorly worded sentences! Oh well, I hope you enjoy anyway :)

{A Kick of Reality}

Word Count: 5250

Costa blew out a breath that brushed the baby hairs out of her face.

Sitting in the stands beside Mina, she propped her feet up on the chair in front of her, folding forward to wrap her arms around her legs. Her chin sat in the valley of her knee caps as she watched the first fight commence.

Her mind replayed what had happened between her and Bakugou over and over and over. A migraine fast approached, the place between her eyes beginning to ache. She pinched her nose, trying to rub her knuckle into that pressure point that lay between her brows to alleviate some of the growing pain.

But she was overwhelmed and her body hadn't stopped shaking since the end of the second round. She knew this would happen. She knew she'd self-sabotage or do something that would hurt the both of them out of fear or doubt. That's why she wasn't planning on speaking to him until AFTER the festival was over, not that she knew what she was planning on saying then either.

But now everything was... messy, and it was all because of her.

She hugged her thighs tighter to her chest, her eyelids fluttering closed. She tuned out the sound effects of the battle that had begun not even ten minutes ago. The first fight was between Yao-Momo and Kirishima. Mina was on the edge of her seat with attentiveness while Costa simple tuned it out. She felt bad, she seemed to be too selfish to ever really cheer her friends on like they did her.

Yet another thing to plummet her into the hole of self-pity she was sinking into.

But she couldn't even clear her head enough to be present, much less focus on the match. She had an inkling of what would happen, though. Kirishima was a powerhouse and Momo was insecure in her capabilities. Kirishima would overpower her, even though Momo had just as likely a chance at winning. But she wouldn't push herself to her fullest potential, not like Kirishima would. Therefore, she would be unsuccessful in the battle.