Fifty-Eight

Thank you for 65k reads <3

.

{Itching For A Fight}

.

Word Count; 7,956

The classroom hushed as soon as Costa followed Katsuki through the door.

All conversations came to a halt as eighteen pairs of eyes landed on her, partnered with eighteen unsure expressions. Costa halted as well, the sudden undivided attention from her classmates pinning her where she stood. Katsuki immediately glanced back in her direction, sensing the rising tension and uncomfortable atmosphere.

"Oi- what you all fucking looking at?"

The corner of Costa's lip twitched slightly, his threat fracturing a wave of anxiety that hit her, easing up some stress and fear in her chest. Costa inhaled sharply, letting the air fill her lungs til they burned, and then she exhaled- trying to filter out all the vicious thoughts and insecurities swirling her brain in an unrelenting orbit of negativity. It came so fast, within a split second, spoiling her rather positive mindset for the day.

But she forced her chin up anyway, yanking her shoulders back as she cleared her throat. "Well now that everyone knows the undergarments of my goddamn dirty laundry, I'm gonna be pretty fucking bitchy this week," She flashed a sarcastic smile at the class, which elicited a few snorts from somewhere in the crowd, "-And if you have a problem with me or shit you don't even have the right to know about, say it to my face or disrespectfully fuck off. Before you judge me, you better make sure you're fucking perfect. That's all."

Everyone sort of started nodding, laughing off her harsh words as Costa simply crossed the room like her usual, unbothered self and plopped down in her seat. Katsuki watched her the entire time until he was sliding down into his own seat, behind her.

"I told you that would happen-" Costa said under her breath, annoyance prevalent in her tone as she shrugged off her jacket and slung it onto the back of her chair. Katsuki rolled his eyes at her, running a hand through his mess of hair just as she turned over her shoulder to look at him, "You know, I do find your aggressiveness much more appealing when it's directed toward those who threaten me."

"Shut the hell up-" He clicked his tongue at her, tucking his chin over his fist as he propped his elbow up on the desk. "I say what I wanna fucking say, it has nothing to do with you or anyone else for that matter."

She stared at him, glancing from one crimson eyeball to another, her lips slightly curving up. "And I'll say it again, I like that about you."