Seventy-Two

I literally cried writing this chapter, just because I feel very proud of the protagonist I've created. Costa is the first complex character I've successfully written from scratch and I think her purpose is so special. She's allowed me to create a story about love, grief, and acceptance. I also think this chapter is so important to her character as well as how hard she's fought to overcome her demons.

I think I'm getting more emotional about it now that this story is coming to an end, but I'm glad I got to give her some closure in this chapter. I hope you guys agree <3

 I hope you guys agree <3

.

{Set Free}

.

Word Count; 4,648

Costa had made a decision, somewhere in between when she received the phone call and when her eyes had opened the next morning.

She'd been wrapped up in Katsuki's hold, squinting as blinding morning light came streaming in through the blinds. Her eyes were set in a deep-molten amber as she glanced up at his ceiling, her lips pulling back into a half grimace.

After that phone call last night, it was as if a disc had been dislodged somewhere inside of her and it needed to be set back into place so that she could shake this feeling of discomfort.

She went about her morning as usual; brushed her teeth, pulled back her hair, dressed herself in her uniform, and walked with Katsuki to school- hand in hand. Things had begun to fall back into a normal routine, the kind Costa had been wishing for.

For example, their classmates were having carefree interactions with her again.

When Costa and Katsuki had reached their lockers and faced one another, they'd kissed, just like they'd done the day before and the day before that. But this time, when Costa pulled on Katsuki's collar so he'd dip his head down to connect their lips, a loud whistle rang down the hall.

Costa pulled back, both of them furrowing their eyebrows as Kaminari, Sero, Jiro, and Ochaco approached, flanked by a shy looking Midoriya and an alert Iida who took one look at their embrace and exclaimed, "No intimate expositions in the hallway!"

A vein practically popped out of the side of Katsuki's forehead as he shouted, "Huh?!"

"Geez Iida, give em' a break. They're dating now or whatever... still weird though." Kaminari rolled his eyes, scoffing at him like he was way too old-fashioned. Jiro clicked her tongue, crossing her arms together as she narrowed her eyes at Kaminari. "That's funny, weren't you just complaining about how you have to watch Miriara kiss another gu-"