Forty-Three

Finished this up today, so I figured I'd publish it early as well!

{Mirko Hero Agency}

Word Count : 6,234

Everyone was aware of that feeling- that one feeling before a huge test or even before finding out if you got into your dream school. It was the kind of feeling where you weren't sure whether you were going to shit your pants or pass the fuck out. Honestly, it felt like both at the same time for Costa.

She stood frozen the second she stepped off the train, staring down at her shoes as she fought that feeling. It wreaked havoc inside of her body, her mind running a mile a minute with anxious thoughts and assumptions.

The summer sun beat down on her, warming the back of her head. She was sweating now, breaking out into a full on stress fever from the heat and pressure of the situation she was currently in. Swallowing deeply, she squeezed the strap of her bag with a sweaty palm.

After two weeks of studying and training for finals, stressing out over whether her recommendation had been approved or not, and passing said finals- summer break had finally arrived. Given how much had been going on between work studies, school, the recommendation, and Bakugou- Costa had nearly forgotten the one thing she'd been shitting her pants over.

Her first independent work study of the year... with Mirko.

It was a work study she'd be spending her entire summer break over. That's right- six entire weeks spent training and learning from her favorite hero of all time. Six weeks away from Hana, who'd hugged her for five minutes straight at the train station in Musutafa. Six weeks off from school. Six weeks of pure distraction. Six weeks of extensive hero work. Six weeks of grinding her ass.

But it also meant... six weeks away from Bakugou.

They'd had an... interesting goodbye the night before, when he'd stopped by the apartment. Hana was there. In fact, she'd been the one to answer the door as soon as the doorbell had rung.

"Uh... Costa. There's a boy here for you..." She'd called out. Costa could hear the smile on her aunt's face all the way from her bedroom. She halted her packing, quickly throwing a folded sweatshirt down on the bed before sprinting out of her room. With socks on, she slid on the hardwoods, entering the living room in a frantic manner.

Hana leaned against the doorframe, one hand on her hip. She grinned cheekily, looking back and forth between the two teenagers. Bakugou hadn't come inside and instead stood in the doorway with his hands shoved in his pockets, a signature scowl on his face. Costa immediately approached him, grabbing the door as she pushed him out onto the porch.