Six

•

{Honesty at its Finest}

Word Count; 4790

It was Thursday, Costa's fourth day at UA and she'd already decided she really liked being there.

The class had eagerly accepted her as one of their own, insisting on including her in all of their class traditions and such. The three she had become the closest to, Kirishima, Mina, and Ochaco had all invited her to their favorite place to eat within the city on Friday night and she had happily accepted.

Costa hadn't done much sight-seeing while living in Mutsutafa so far, only going into the city to run a few errands for Hana while she was working late. They usually just ordered takeout as their meals, given they were both always too busy or tired to eat out.

Costa had started to get accustomed to coming home to an empty apartment every night, finding something to eat for herself, and trying to enjoy her own company as much as possible. In the mornings, she would just barely catch Hana leaving for work as she went on her morning run. It was a bit lonely but it beat staying at Shiketsu and continuing to be a burden to the family she was staying with.

Costa had finished up a nice jog in the park before returning home to shower and change into her school uniform. She quickly pulled her damp hair back into two dutch braids, leaving her face bare for the day as she ran out of the house. She walked into town, scanning the shops for some place to get coffee.

She'd forgotten to prepare iced coffee the night before, having passed out on the couch doing homework. She noticed a small cafe with cute decorations out front, quickly making her way to the entrance. She pushed open the door, causing the bell to let out a ring before she walked in.

It was nice and homey, exactly how she liked her coffee shops back home. She sidled up to the counter, eyes scanning the menu up above.

The male barista did a double-take as he hurriedly made an iced americano, his eyes nearly bulging out of his head as he noticed the girl. He brought out the drink quickly, eager to get to the pretty blonde girl. Once he stationed himself behind the counter once more, he wiped his hands on his apron and smiled, "Hi, how may I help you?"

Costa's golden eyes flickered from the menu to the boy and he swallowed hard. He stared into her eyes, his mouth slightly agape at how mesmerizing they were. He could've gotten lost in her eyes forever if she hadn't spoken up.

"Yes, could I get a large vanilla cream cold brew with two extra shots of espresso and light ice?", she peered up at him, her features relaxed and very innocent-looking, "Oh and a couple Dorayaki."