Thirty

Early chapter for my wonderful readers:)

{When Doubt Creeps In}

Word Count ; 6,484

Costa rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she stood in the middle of Gym Gamma, her classmates surrounding her in their matching PE uniforms. There was only a cluster of them, at least for the time being.

Their class was split into a schedule of who'd be using what facility at what time, put together by the Class and Deputy Representative, Iida and Momo. Costa had three back-to-back training sessions in one day. Her first was the current time slot in Gym Gamma, then she was scheduled to head over to the USJ after lunch, and then the PE grounds after dinner.

All of this she was planning on doing on 0 hours of sleep and 5 cups of coffee. Her blood felt like jello and her head jostled like a bowling ball, weighing her down. She continuously slapped herself awake on her way over, causing Sero and Kaminari to start giggling at her.

Bakugou hadn't talked to her at all, not even once. After breakfast, he'd been in the poutiest of moods. Costa made herself redirect her attention away from him, trying to only focus on training. She would worry about the Bakugou thing after the Sports Festival, she didn't have time to spend on boy problems, not now anyway.

Spread out and stretching were Iida, Todoroki, Midoriya, Ochaco, Kaminari, Sero, Kirishima, Mina, Bakugou, and Costa. Clad in her matching, navy blue workout outfit, Costa stood next to Sero as he stretched one arm across his chest.

"What's with Bakugou today?" Sero asked, nodding over in the blonde boy's direction. "He's acting extra moody."

"The hell if I know." Costa rolled her eyes in annoyance, not even bothering to look over at him. She knew he was over there with Kirishima, being unnecessarily aggressive. Usually, she could stand it but she didn't have the energy, patience, or time to do so. "Did something... happen between the two of you?"

Costa furrowed her eyebrows, snapping her head in Sero's direction. "Are you trying to say something?" He laughed at that, shrugging. "Maybe. Is there something going on?" She stayed silent for a moment, reaching over to stretch out her hamstrings. Her golden gaze briefly flickered over toward the boy in question.

"No." She stated, her voice dropping lowly as she folded her legs into a butterfly stretch. Sero quirked an eyebrow, picking up on the tenseness in her tone. "Well, I think-"