Seventy-Four

.

{Making Headway}

.

Word Count; 5,775

Costa thought it was odd that Aizawa had cancelled training lessons two days in a row, only to ask her to meet him in his classroom before school on Thursday-- which was only a week and one day away from the NWHC.

The competition loomed over Costa and she felt as if she were dragging her weight, forcing herself to pick back up her discarded regimen. There'd been some improvement within the past few days she'd been back to her running routine, which she'd requested to do on her own until she felt fit enough to have Katsuki beside her.

But one thing hadn't changed. The new thing inside of her wouldn't fucking change.

She'd woken at six in the morning and was already stepping into the classroom within an hour, waltzing in sluggishly and throwing her bag down on a random seat. Aizawa snapped out of his nap. He rubbed his eyes, sitting up from where he was hunched over his desk. She stood in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Why did you ask me here so early?" She rose an eyebrow at him and he took a few moments to stretch and yawn, waking himself back up. Then, he cleared his throat, switching back into teacher mode. His answers were as short as they always were. "To discuss a few things."

"Such as?" Costa kicked back a chair so that she could slump into it, crossing one leg over the other. She'd done her hair back into two, tight cascading dutch braids that connected into one curly ponytail down her neck.

Aizawa ran a hand through his hair, grabbing the mouse of his computer to pull something up on his screen. It was silent between them for several long moments, the only sound being the click of his mouse. Costa let out a yawn, resting an elbow on the desk to prop her face in the center of her palm.

She yawned again, getting comfortable.

Aizawa's voice startled her out of her brief dozing. "I've come up with a few options for you, given your training isn't going so well." She scoffed at him, lifting her head up to narrow her eyes. "You said it would take ti-"

"But if you can't control it, there's no use having it. It's only making your body weaker." Aizawa interrupted her, sending her a knowing look. She let out a frustrated sigh, shaking her head in disbelief.

"What are you saying? You want to turn me into the government now?" She bit back, angrily curling her fingers into the fabric of her jacket. He let out a long, impatient sigh as if she were simply misunderstanding him. She watched as he placed his fingers on the desk and stood. Then his narrowed eyes focused on her.