Chapter 39: Told You Fuckers

Third Person POV:

Harry and Voldemort were now floating in the air, a gold ball of energy from their conflict want strikes around them. Harry willed himself to continue, for his sisters sake. But he was getting tired. He didn't know how much longer he could hold this up. When he glimpsed to the side where Epona should be tied on the ground, he could've sworn she wasn't there.

He was probably being tricked by the Death Eaters anyways. Do it for her. He thought to himself. 

All of a sudden, it got even brighter, but not from either Harry or Voldemort. There was an orange yellowy glow. His thoughts were too loud to hear any of the commotion, but he didn't know what was going on. Were the Death Eaters about to kill him too?

Voldemort was in shock as the ghosts came out of the wand. 

Lower than any other voice, his father told him, "When the connection is broken, we will linger for only a moment. But we will give you time. Take your sister and get to the Port Key, do you understand, Harry?"

Harry nodded, and Cedric asked him to bring his body back to his parents. Harry agreed to it.

Right when his father said to run now, there was a scream, and something impacted into Voldemort's body. It was Epona. She was holding a thick fallen tree branch that was larger than her. She hit him in the head one more time, and held out both her hands.

"Who's laughing now, fucker!?" She screamed again, but laughed at the same time and ignited all the fire power she could, and unleashed it on Voldemort. Harry looked at the fire reflecting in her eyes, and for a moment, he thought she looked terrifying. 

He screamed in pain and Harry grabbed Epona's arm, and she nodded picking up Cedric's body with Harry, and they both grabbed the port key at the same time. Tears were streaming down her face as Cedric's ghost gave her a soft smile.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered and wind whooshed around them.

The Port Key worked and it sent the two of them back into the maze, and they slammed into the ground. Epona had her eyes squeezed shut, and hadn't opened them. Tears were still streaming down her face. In one hand, was Cedric's cold dead hand, and in the other was Harry's hand, who had squeezed her hand the whole time.

The two felt a hand on each of their shoulders.

"Harry. Epona. Harry and Epona!" They opened their eyes to see Albus Dumbledore standing over them.

Epona's POV:

My body was visibly shaking. Harry and I had traveled to the entrance of the maze, and a shadowy crowd was growing ever nearer.

"He's back..." Harry whispered.

"Voldemort, He's back." I finished, still in a barely audible whisper.

"What's going on? What's happening?" 

The face of Cornelius Fudge appeared above me, but I didn't bother looking at him. I was just staring at the grass, my head throbbing.

"My God- Diggory!" Fudge whispered, "Dumbledore, he's dead!"

The crowd started screeching it, and the words replayed in my head. It's my fault. If I had gotten there sooner, I could've saved him...

"Epona, let go of him." Fudge said, his voice soft, and I felt fingers trying to pry my hand from Cedric's, but I wouldn't let go.

Then, Dumbledore's face showed in my vision, and he looked me in the eyes, "Epona, you can't help him now. It's over. Let go."

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. So Harry spoke for me.

"He wanted us to bring him back..." Harry started.

"He wanted us to bring him back to his parents..." I felt myself almost start to cry again. I wanted to throw up.

"That's right, Epona....Just let go now." He spoke softly, and lift Harry and I to our feet.

I could barely stand, the pain from being attacked by the death eaters and the cuts I had all over my body were getting to me. Harry swayed next to me, and I tried to hold him up, knowing his leg couldn't.

Someone took Harry and I just stood there, unable to move. Then, turning around, into what was left of a bush, I threw up. Multiple times. I felt someone grab my hair and hold it behind my head. Their hands were cold, and it was calming. But not enough. I coughed and turned around.

It was Draco Malfoy. I felt myself scream. 

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I screamed at him, and he staggered backwards, his pale face whiter with shock and concern. 

Fudge grabbed my arm, holding me steady, as my shaking was uncontrollable, and I almost collapsed. Ron and Hermione came into view, August right behind them. Along with Phineas.

Phineas was the first to reach me, and when I saw his eyes...They looked like the man who killed Cedric. I screamed again, and Fudge ordered Phineas to go away, along with Draco. Draco was with the people who killed my friend. His family laughed when my friend died right before my eyes.

They're monsters.

Hermione hugged me, along with August and Ron, who looked worried.

Then it hit me. Harry had been taken.

"Harry..." I breathed, "Moody took Harry...." 

"Yes, he's going to be okay..." Hermione tried to reassure me, but I shook my head frantically.

"He's not Moody....He's Death Eater... Bad guy..." I breathed out, and adrenaline once again filled my body as I tried to sprint away to get Harry.

Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall came rushing over to me, "What are you talking about, Potter?"

I looked them in the eyes seriously and said grimly, "I have a strong feeling Moody never made it out of his house that night." 

All of a sudden we were all rushing towards Moody's office, and I was being slight lifted off the ground by August because of my lack of the ability to stand, much less run. And in another second, Moody was on the floor unconscious. McGonagall went in to get Harry, and he came running to me.

He hugged me tightly, and I hugged him back.