I Once Was A Man;...

Sonias POV;

It's morning and I'm feeling bubbly. We've begun our journey and I'm walking beside Gabby with Desmond and Ekene trailing behind.

"I feel so happy today. "I state and I then recall Desmond muttering my name in his sleep and I blush.

"Well someone woke up on the right side of the ground. "Gabby notes with raised brows and I chuckle.

"I just feel... Like we're in some crazy movie and the writer has a beautiful ending for us. " I reply with my arms widespread as I stare at the sky.

"You do know in any movie where best friends are escaping the woods together, one always dies. "Gabby states while starring at the ground and I feel my heart fall into my feet.

"W.. What?"I question lowly in fear and alarm. ~she doesn't think someone's going to die, does she??

"Sonia, if this is your story, I won't make it out alive. "She states and I feel my throat dry up instantly.

"But... But this could also be your story. "I reply as she stares at me. Only then do I realize that means I'd die!

"Could you both stop talking like graduates from gaga academy?

We aren't in some book or movie. This is as real as it gets now get your lazy feet off the ground. We've got families to get to. " Desmond suddenly cuts in.
Gabby and I share a look before we proceed walking quietly.

~We'd both make it out alive... Right?

! +! +! +! +! +! +! +! +!

*Back At The Mansion (On the same night of Rachel's death) *

Brayan is found standing motionless in maders chamber as he watches her pull off her hood.

He's the only one who's seen mader without her robe. She pulls off the thick black robe only to reveal dark leather hugging her skin tightly. Allowing her curves to be properly outlined and revealing her clear cleavage.

Being a young woman who died at the tender age of 20, she maintained her perfect body when she returned.

Mader came back as an immortal but she took upon her human flesh; and as some of us well know, the flesh has desires.

Mader pulls of her clothing to reveal her pale but endowed body while Brayan stands still watching.

A repetition of the nightmare he's been living for over five years is yet again about to repeat itself.

Being the oldest male child in the mansion and a replacement for maders first-ever child who died of brain tumor, Brayan has been burden with the responsibility of fulfilling maders sexual desires.

Now, why didn't mader cure him? She never knew he was sick. Why didn't she revive him? Only God can give life.

It's a curse he never wanted to bear but had no choice but to. The bible says he who is joined with a harlot becomes one with the harlot. Hence with every intercourse, Brayan becomes less human and more like mader.

This explains his ability to perform magic and his heart wreaking building resemblance to her.

Brayan, of course, could always reject mader but with every tantrum thrown, a child is murdered and mader knows just how to make Bryan feel guilty for their deaths.

He got taken at a tender age and never got to experience love. He's been dark, pained, hurt, and alone ever since he got to the mansion. The case became worst when he managed to make five new friends and mader killed them all when she figured they were working on an escape plan.

Only then did Brayan realize he is a human tracker for mader. She could read him like an open book and find him no matter what part of the mansion or place he was. One of the reasons he refused to escape with Sonia.

Brayan for the first time in his life truly fell in love with the beautiful, sweet, innocent, silly, bold, and yet timid Sonia; but whenever his emotions for Sonia kicked in, the flames in his eyes always came to live to warn him that his emotions would soon be felt by mader so he has to leave that very instance.

That was the reason he always walked and stayed away from Sonia when the flames in his eyes came to life. Brayan believed in the Lord and as the bible says; some vessels are for honor and some for dishonor. Hence Brayan had braced himself for bitter fate.

He doesn't want to survive this cause even if he does, these nightmares living with him would forever be an unwanted companion till his life is over. He knows there's no way out because he is now one with the white witch, and the day she dies, he will be swept off the face of the earth...

Maders devilish yet elegant body lays nude in her king-sized bed as she stares expectantly at the empty, dark boy.

The handsome, young slave pulls off his coat and then his shirt and trousers. This has become more of a norm to him hence he feels nothing while doing this.

Satisfaction is far fetched from his current feel and yet he's so pained the word pain is an understatement for the numbing quake in his soul.

Mader places her cold palms on his bareback as he mounts her. He remains silent as he inserts into her while she moans and gasps

Another night marked in history as the count down to the destruction of Brayan's human nature.

Soon his tale would be;
"I once was a man. "

💔