Lay By Me;..

I turn around to find Desmond standing behind me. He tosses me a green fruit which I catch and Ekene moves over to Gabby's side. Handing her a fruit of the same kind...

"What is this?? "I question as I stare at it.

"I don't know, but it's juicy, doesn't taste bad, and isn't poisonous. "He replies and my brows crease.

"How do you know it's not poisonous? " I question.

"Must you know everything?" He teases and I stop questioning.

"Where are we now? "I suddenly question again.

"A fair distance from the mansion. "Ekene replies and I'm about to ask another question when Desmond cuts me;

"Hold your horse's questerella. We're on an escape mission; not a job interview! "I feel my face drop and Desmond bites into his fruit as he looks away.

I fondle a little with the strange fruit before finally consuming it. It's like... A salty apple..... Or something like that.

Soon everyone moves to a more comfortable position and soon fall asleep as the fire begins to die down. I look to my right and find Gabby sound asleep in Ekene's arms and I smile at the chemistry growing between them.

I look to my side and I find Desmond fast asleep. His face so peaceful and even more attractive in sleep. His bold, daring appearance totally buried beneath the peace of sleep and all I see is a strong, beautiful teenage boy.

I'm so tempted to plant kisses all over his perfect face but there's no way I'm doing that. I want to run my fingers through his perfect hair but, I won't either. 

I smile and plant a simple kiss on his forehead.
"Thank you. " I say as he saved me from death.

I've slept most of the day hence I can't find sleep this night. I draw out Tori's journal and carefully read under the moonlight.

*Dear Venom;

I have a confession to make. I have always wanted a mother figure in my life.

Grammy is cool but I always wanted a mom, and ever since I got here madre has made me hate the idea of being a child.

I don't think I'm ever gonna leave here. I doubt it. I'd just stay put. When God wants me outta here, we would... *

The entry read and I smile with a few tears in my eyes. ~Dear Tori, may your soul rest in perfect peace.

I stare at the moon and decide to do the one thing I totally have faith in. I've seen my mom do it sometimes but I've never tried. I'd give it a try.

I get on my knees and I interlock my fingers as I hold my palms tightly against each other. I close my eyes and gi e a deep breath.

"Dear God, I don't know if you'd hear me or acknowledge the prayers of this sinner; but please, if there's really a God in heaven, and if you are that God; save me and my friends.

The years of our sufferings are enough. I won't agree with you if you say otherwise.

Tori's gone, and I can only hope she's truly in a better place. If she's beside you, please help me say hi to her and tell her I miss her sassing a hell lot.

Dear God, please get us out of here and I'd love you forever. Please also make sure my family and Mr. Simon are okay. Good night Lord;

Shalom and Amen. "I pray.

"Amen. "I hear Desmond's voice causing me to jump a bit and he smiles. I look at his sleepy face and ask in alarm;

"For how long have you been awake!? "

"Long enough to see how genuine and sublime your heart is. "He replies and a heavy force of blush covers me.

"Come over here. "He says holding his hand lazily out to me as he's still in his sleeping position.

"M... Me? "I question nervously.

"No. The moon. "He replies and I stare at him in annoyance before finally crawling over to him.

"Lay by me. It won't be funny if I wake up and for some reason, you're not here. "He says as he places his arm over me and I feel my cheeks burn at an incredible rate. I'm glad my back is turned to him. Else... My blush might attract a sarcastic comment from him.

The feel of his warm breath on t back of my next takes me off the ground and into the clouds.

I fall asleep soundly listening to his breaths.