You Have To Adapt;.........

I had stayed here about two minutes crying to my heart's content. Everywhere has begun to get dark and I am still uncertain what my fate holds. I know exactly nothing in particular about this place.

Why... Why am I here?. God... Did you have to place this in my fate?.

"Sonia, are you there!? " I hear Gabbys voice call.

"Sonia!! " I hear Tori's voice call.

"I'm... I'm here" I call out to them wiping my tears.
Gabby and Tori appear from a corner.

"Oh, God!. Thank God we found you. If not for Desmond we may have tolled the whole mansion without still finding you. " Gabby exclaims.

They sit beside me. Gabby to my left and Tori to my right... What does she mean 'if not for Desmond?'

"What's wrong? " Tori asks me.
Honestly, I don't understand this girl sometimes. One minute she is caring and another, she is sassy.

"Nothing. " I reply as I fondle with my fingers. Besides, how do I explain something I don't understand?.

"I know it has to do with Desmond. I saw the way he dragged you out of the room. Did he say something to you? " Gabby asks.

"Why is Desmond so cold? " I finally blurt after a few seconds.

"It's hard to house any emotions after staying in a place like this for so long. " Tori replies as she looks away from Gabby and me.

"That's right, and Desmond is a broken boy. He has been made to do horrible things. I guess this place has dug deep into his being. " Gabby replies placing a hand on my shoulder.

"He has had to take a life before. So being cold is not unexpected from him" Tori adds finally looking at me.

"Is that blood? " she asks pointing at the bit of dry blood left under my nose.

"No...It's nothing, I'm fine. " I lie as I wipe off the blood with the arm of my hood.

"You sure" Gabby inquires.

"Yeah, it's nothing" I reply with a smile.

Honestly, I know something is wrong with me, but I don't know what it is and I won't accept help from these people.

I want to know more about Desmond taking a life but that's been passed and I don't think Gabby nor Tori are willing to dig into it. So I leave it be.

"Come on. We have got to get you back. You won't want to get in trouble with the Fratello's." Gabby says as she rises to her feet.

"Where are your shoes? " Tori asks also rising as she looks at my bare feet.

"I... I.. I don't know" I stutter as I finally realize I don't know how I lost them. Those expensive classy pumps.

"Sure, you can get new ones tomorrow," Tori says.

"Tomorrow? " I ask in confusion.

"Yeah, after tomorrow's shower, Gabby and I can show you around the clean-up room and help you pick out what to wear," Tori replies with a shrug.

"You call that place a clean-up room!? "I ask in alarm.

"It's a bitter irony" Gabby replies laughing.

I rise to my feet and Gabby puts an arm around my waist to give me support. I can walk well enough on my own but Gabby still wants to do this. We walk back to the hall I had just exit. A few feet away, Gabby, Tori, and I find Desmond pacing about the entrance of the room. Once he sees us, he looks at me for a few seconds. I can't tell if it's worry, anger, or disgust that is plastered on his face. He then marches back into the hall.

"You know, for a newbie, Desmond does seem to care about you, " Tori says as she scoffs and then starts to walk past Gabby and me.

"But I'd also advise you not to hold unto my words. I don't do boys," she says in conclusion before walking away.

"What does she mean she 'doesn't do boys'? " I ask Gabby in confusion.

"It's... Kind of a long story. " Gabby replies with a shrug.

I don't get it but I don't push it either.
"But I won't hold my breath on Tori's words if I were you, that boy is one messed up jigsaw puzzle. Take it from a secret admirer. " Gabby says laughing.

"No way! " I exclaim in shock, bewilderment, and disbelief. It kinda makes me want to laugh. I have no idea why I find this so funny.

"Keep it low! " she warns in fear and I comply. She has a crush on Desmond!?.. Now that's entertaining!. I keep walking with Gabby behind Tori till we are back in the hall.

Gabby and Tori seem to be a nice company. Although Gabby talks a lot more than Tori does and Tori talks like her tongue has a word count limit.

Gabby makes fun of me for not eating nor bathing and dares me to go on for a week. She says in all confidence that she is sure I can't make it. I don't know if I can, cause my parents have never made me go hungry. But I would definitely be taking up this challenge.

I hate this place! And it looks like there is a lot to learn about this place before drafting any silly plans.

Here I am, In the middle of nowhere with strangers who now seem to call the shots in my life!.
Oh, dear mother, I miss you. I miss my family and home. What is my purpose in this mansion?. 😔.

Hey guys 👋.
First interruption?... Sowie😅😁

K. I just need you to help me out, this is my newest story, and I won't mind you dropping some comments and your votes🙏

It would motivate me. Pls, don't be a ghost reader. Aid Aider here pls😢

In the meantime, hope you are enjoying your read?.. Let me in on what you think bout this story. Are you enjoying it?💁 🙏🙌

Also, don't forget;
Aider cares😘💖🙌