😞 Once Upon Papi;...

I watch him walk away and I don't bother to stop him. I soon walk out of the corner and join the line. I make it into the female hall. I find Gabby on her bed with her eyes closed. I know for a fact there is no way she would have fallen asleep so soon. She doesn't want to talk to me.

I lay on my bed broken and hurt. I keep staring at the ceiling and soon enough the whispers of other girls die down. Now, most of the room is asleep. There is no way I can bring myself to sleep. For one, it feels as though I'm breathing out peace and breathing in guilt. And second, if I dare sleep, another nightmare would do the honors of waking me up.

I keep rolling about in my bed till I can't take it anymore. I put my feet into my shoes and rise to my feet. I walk out of the hall into the passageway. The place is lonely and isolated. I sure shouldn't be out l here by this time but I need to clear my mind.

I keep walking in this passageway lit by the candles orange lights... I have no idea where I'm going so I decide to stop. I head for a window to get some fresh air. I see a beautiful nightingale but it flies away to a tree not too far away.

I want to take a closer look so I lean forward and this is possibly one of the dumbest decisions I've ever made as I fall over and hold on to the edge of the window for dear life.

I scream when I see the height at which I am hanging from the ground. My fingers begin to ache I try to move them to a more comforting position. That makes me lose grip and my fingers lose contact with the only thing keeping me safe from death or loss of my spinal cord.

I scream as I begin to slice through the air towards the ground. My back comes in harsh contact with a tree branch and I bounce off it and continue my dangerous fall. I quickly take hold of a thin branch of the tree and this breaks my wicked fall.

Thank God for the times my brothers threw my dolls into trees to taunt me as that thought me how to climb trees. A skill I will most definitely be needing now.

I manage to move towards the actual body of the tree and climb down the rest of it. Once on the ground, I lay on the floor with my back down. I thank God and am equally surprised I didn't break anything after such a fall and had such contact with that tree branch.

I stand up groaning in pain and I look up at the window from which I fell. That's a crazy height. ~wait, am I dead!?.

I look around to see if just like in the movies, my dead body is on the floor and I'm just my ghost who doesn't know I am no longer living. But lucky me there nobody on the ground. I pinch myself to make extra sure and ouch! I am still alive.

I find a bench not too far off and I move towards it. I can't believe no one heard my screams. I look up at the beautiful sky properly adorned with beautiful stars.

Sonia, where are we? What have we become? What life are we now living? For how long will this last?.

My eyes begin to water as I miss home. Is my mom asleep now? And dad, has he been able to go to work? What if they think I'm dead and give up?.

I haven't even spent up to a year here and I'm already a murderer. Gabby was right, I took a life. He deserved it but I still should not have been the one to kill it. I'm a murderer!

Sonia, you're a killer! You killed and didn't feel bad about it till people pointed it out for you!.

I let my guard down and begin to cry. There's no use being strong. I'm not strong. I'm one messed up puddle of emotion. I begin to cry into my palms as I realize I have begun to transform in just days of being here. In less than a week and I'm no longer the girl I used to be. What then happens after a month??