DESMOND!

"I'm in love with you Desmond" she mutters and my heart bursts. Excitement, joy, and a ton of other emotions flush through me.

"C. Come again? "I question as I'm not sure I heard right.

"I'm... I'm... I'm in love with you Desmond. "She repeats and I pull her into a hug. These are words I've been dying to hear but all the same, never knew I'd been.

Then it hits me. ×what are you doing Desmond!? If you give into this, you could be the reason Deborah would have to lose her life!

I quickly pull away from her.
"I'm... I'm sorry but. I don't think we should do this. We. We can't be more than mates. " I reply as I stare into her face and instantly the light of hope in her eyes vanish.

Her jaw drops and she stares at me like I just stabbed her in the stomach.
"Deborah... "I make to speak as I try to grab her arm but she yanks it out of my reach.

Pain is written all over her and I feel the sides of my eyes sting.
"Deborah, please. " I make to speak and I see tears flow down her flawless face.

Thunder strikes and instantly rain begins to pour outside.
She begins to sob. I grab her hand as she makes for the door.

"Deborah try to understand we... "I make to speak but she yanks her hand out of my grip leaving her bracelet in my hands.

"Deborah!! "I scream as she runs off into the storm crying. I watch helplessly as she runs further away from me with her little legs.

Authors Narrative;

Desmond pushes his table over in anger and spills everything on it as he screams in agony. His voice beating the sound of thunder at a noise contest.

He's always had things his way and has only cared this much for one person {his mom} but after Deborah came into his life, he began to see that just maybe the love he saw on tv wasn't overrated.

He rips some drawings off the wall in anger. He feels pained and helpless. He's only felt this way when as a little boy he watched his father assault his mom.

He thought he was done being helpless till now. There's no denying Desmond cares a lot for Deborah but the affection he has for her is the exact thing stopping him from accepting hers. He knows if Madre finds out about this they both would be killed.

He doesn't mind dying but he'd kill to protect Deborah. He doesn't want to ever lose Deborah or be the reason she'd face pain.

He screams in anguish as he falls to the ground and vents his anger through pained tears. Desmond had mastered the art of bottling his pain as a little boy. He learned to stand up to his father and hide his tears as a child. Hence one can't recall the last time Desmond shed a tear but now, Desmond is a disoriented mess as he lay on the floor crying like a baby.

The very first time he's loved someone ever so deeply is the same time he has to hurt her to save her and in the process hurting himself also.

***********
Sonia makes it to the mansion and finds Gabby and Tori at the entrance awaiting her.

Her eyes crimson red, her mind helplessly replaying Desmond's words;
"I'm... I'm sorry but. I don't think we should do this. We. We can't be more than mates. "
And regret the only emotion she's sure is what she currently feels.

She makes her way to the mansion zombie-like. Her wet hair fell over her face and her tears and rainwater mixing into a lake of sadness that flows down her beautiful face.

"Did you tell him!? "Gabby shouts as soon as she sights Sonia afar off.

"Girl, what happened? "Tori asks as soon as Sonia is close enough and she studies her look.

"Is everything alright? "Gabby questions.

Sonia looks up at Gabby and the words play in her head again.
" I'm... I'm sorry but. I don't think we should do this. We. We can't be more than mates."

She breaks down in tears and Gabby wraps her arms around her broken friend.
"What happened? "Gabby questions with tears in her eyes.

"You know, betrayal hurts... But rejection brings about a different kind of pain. "Sonia sobs and Gabbys heart stops.

"He didn't! "Gabby replies in disbelief.

"I told you he doesn't love me! I told you! "Sonia screams in pain.
Tori hugs Sonia to comfort her and anger nibbles at Gabbys sanity as she knows for a fact Desmond loves Sonia.

She makes to move into the rain and Tori grabs her hand and questions her with her eyes.

"I'd be back. "Gabby replies.

"Where is he? "Gabby questions Sonia in anger.

"At his cabin." Sonia simply replies and Gabby heads into the rain determined to find that cabin and talk some sense into Desmond. If not burn it down.

Gabby keeps walking till she sees some part of the tall grass pressed down like the result of constant stomping.
She follows the trail and soon stops when she hears someone grunting furiously.

She hides and takes a peek only to find Desmond punching a tree in anger. Desmond is so broken he isn't thinking and the pain his fists are generating is not enough to stop him.

Desmond's knuckles keep crying for mercy with each punch he throws at the tree.
He grunts in a beastly manner as he throws each punch with anger and hurt.

The trees back begin to cave in and fall to the ground but Desmond doesn't stop. He keeps punching till his flesh has had enough and decides it's high time his bones have a view of what outside his body looks like.

The flesh on his knuckles give way and his bones come to view. Desmond screams in pain but more in defeat and hurt.

He falls to his knees screaming and Gabby watches in horror as rain washes over his busted knuckles and pours red liquid unto the pure beautiful bed of grass beneath him.

"Why?!!! "Desmond screams at the top of his lungs and Gabby feels tears bite the edge of her eyes.

Song for the moment; A Thousand Years by Christina Perri

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$¢
Wow💔
Desmond why!? 😭💔

M I the only one pained by this chapter? 😭

Lemme in on your thought for this chapter😢 🤧