Reunions and..... Separation?

I turn around in shock only to find a young man running towards me. I stare at the man a little closer and my jaw drops. Jason!

"Sonia! "He screams picking me up in his arms.

"J.. Jason? "I question in disbelief.

"It... It really is you. " I state. Tracing about his face with my fingers. He's grown a beard.

"You've grown a beard. "I note.

"And a mustache seems to be coming along. "He adds with a bitter chuckle before pulling into another hug.

We remain wrapped in this hug when I hear my name again.

"Sonia! "

I look up and find Oscar. My second eldest brother walking slowly towards us like he's seen a ghost.

Jason steps aside.

"Sonia! "He screams hugging me and I struggle to breathe.

"Y.. you you're really here! "He says with tears escaping his eyes.

"It really is you... You.. " he begins to cry and I break down.

"What happened? "He questions and I stay mute.

He suddenly becomes mute and I look up. I find Andrew, my third eldest brother frozen whilst staring at me.

I watch tears silently escape his eyes. I smile bitterly at him. The most annoying of them all. My super chef and personal alarm clock.

"Won't you hug me? "I question with open arms.

He runs up to me and picks me off the ground like I'm paper.

"Sonia! It's my Sonia! My little fairy is back! It's not a dream this time. she's... She's back! "He exclaims whilst spinning me around.

"Wh... What happened? Why wasn't your tracker working?... Who... Who took you?.... Where... Where? "He begins to question when Oscar quickly holds his shoulder to stop him.

"Sonia! "I turn and find both my parents. My mom runs up to me.

"My baby girl!" She exclaims before giving me a bone-crushing bear hug.

"My angel? "My father questions before joining the hug my mom and I are sharing.

"You've lost so mu h weight! "My mom cries.

"And she's grown taller," Jason notes with a shaky voice.

Tears from the bottom of my bitter heart begin to pour. A complex mixture of tears of joy and tears of pain. Tears of fear and tears of hope. Tears of defeat and tears of victory. Tear of the fear of tomorrow yet still tears of hope to see the unknown tomorrow.

I'm still embracing my parents when;

"Tori?? "

"Tori! "

I turn and my gaze falls on the cutest old woman I've ever seen. Her fragile body making way through the crowd and her eyes searching for someone in the crowd.

He gray hair in two pigtails, and round glasses sitting on her little nose. She's in a red dress and is using a walking stick to support her little legs.

The woman is a pure replica of Tori. Just older and weaker.

"Tori! "The woman calls again and just then it hits me. Tori's grandma!

I stand to my feet and my family stares at me in confusion while I stare at the woman in guilt.

I take a deep breath I calm myself. I grab my bag and pull out Tori's journal. I recall Tori's words.

"Look babe, I'm 22. I'm tired of this sh*t they call life, I wanna rest. So if I'm dying, I'd rather die for a good course.

I know you both can free the others, but I can't do it. If you ever get outta here and you somehow find my gram, tell her I fought a good fight, and I died for family just like she taught me.

Sonia, you may not have known, but you're family to me, sis. Your clumsy little self is not just a friend to me. "

I walk up to the woman.

"Ma'am? "I call to grab her attention.

"Good day child. I'm sorry, do you know a Tori Norman? "The woman questions.

I smile bitterly.

"Ma'am she... I do know her, and she wished me to tell you that she fought a good fight and died for family just like you taught her." I say not being able to look into the woman's eyes.

"What? "The woman's weary voice questions.

"Sh... She's no longer with us. "I manage to reply and the woman falls silent. I look up and find pain on the woman's face.

"She wanted... Wanted you to have this. "I manage to say. Holding out Tori's journal to her.

I try to be strong, but I break down.

"I'm so sorry ma'am. She died for me..... Tori died to save me. Its... It's because of me you cant find your granddaughter... "I break down.

"No child... No dear. This was bound to happen. My... My baby girl is still with me... Don't cry. "The unbelievably strong woman stoops down to comfort me.

"Bu... " I make to speak.

"She's in a better place. "The woman says to me.
I hug her and we both sit on the hospital floor as I cry my heart out.

"Did... Did you finally get rid of the brain tumor? "I question

"Yes. A church came along and the made sure to foot all my bills.

I got closer to my Jesus and I understand this all happened by his will and for a reason. "She replies.

"But... "I make to protest.

"Yes I lost my daughter, son-in-law, and now grandbaby, but it's not the end of the world.

I know my... Tori wasn't a perfect being but my God is merciful and I know he'd tamper justice with mercy.

My babies are in a better place. I feel it. "She replies.

"Oh. "I breathe out in surrender to my tears as I collapse completely into her hug.

"Sonia!? " I hear a familiar voice call my name. I look up and find Dana and Timothy running towards me. I rise happily and share a hug with Dana.

"Where's Desmond? "She questions.

"He's still... In the I.C.U. " I reply. Tears escaping my eyes.

"Don't worry sis. He'd be fine." She consoles.

"I see you've found your family. "She says after spotting my family a few steps behind me.

"I'm still searching for my little sister. I hope child service hasn't taken her. "Dana says.

"I'm sure she's fine," I reply hugging her.

"Desmond? "I hear someone scream. I look up to find a familiar face running towards us with a little girl.

The little girl has her hair in two ponytails and has brown eyes with so much life I feel connected to her.

I stare at the woman a little longer before it hits me. She's the woman from Desmond's cabin. The one he drew. His mom!

"Mrs. Daniel? "I question and she freezes.

She's about to speak when the doctor comes out of the I.C.U

He walks up to me as I'm the one who was seen by Desmond the whole time and refused treatment for my head injury till I was sure Desmond is fine.

The doctor places a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry dear. We couldn't save him. "

Song for the moment; If The World was Ending - JP Saxe