Snake Valley;....

Narrators POV;...

"Come on, we need to create a distraction and once they go after it, we bolt out. "Desmond says snapping out of his separation from Sonia in anger.

"You're just gonna let her go? "Ekene questions causing Desmond to glare at him.

"Well, she chose to go! "Desmond replies.
They are both talking normally but no one is eavesdropping as all are raking their brains for distraction plans.

"She chose to go, and you chose to let her go. "Ekene replies.

"It was her choice to make. "Desmond replies

"What about your choice?" Ekene questions and Desmond falls silent.

"You're in love with Sonia bro. "Ekene says placing his hand on Desmonds shoulder

"I'm no... "Desmond makes to protest but Ekene cuts him.

"Desmond, you can do a lot of things in life, but don't lie to a Nigerian man. "Ekene says with a smirk and Desmond glares at him in bewilderment.

"Besides, I'm not ready to let Gabby go on a wild goose chase. "Ekene says walking towards his backpack.

"You coming? "He questions as he throws his bag onto his back and stares at the motionless Desmond.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Sonias POV;

The ground begins to crack violently as though obeying Rachels's orders.

"Everyone doesn't move! "Gabby screams as the ground finally breaks and begins to fall into the deep hole beneath us.

"What do you mean don't move!? "A girl screams in fear before attempting to run to the other door. The ground beneath her gives way and she falls into the hole below.

Her shrill scream first splits the air and then a thud sound indicates she's landed. Silence fills the room when suddenly crackling sounds are heard and her screaming resumes.

One needs not to be told her bones are being crushed but none of us have the guts to look down at the monstrous event going on right below us.

Her pained labored and helpless screams accompany the crackling sounds of her crushing bones and the snake's hisses.

"Help! "Her tiny voice begs but none except God can save her now.

All the other girls hug those beside them and we all pray to God for help. I hug Gabby as tears begin to escape my eyes. How could Rachel do this!?

The girl's voice rises in a terrifyingly high pitch and then silence becomes her case as all that's heard are the hissing of the snakes.

Suddenly the hissings become louder and we are confused about what's happening till another girl sitting at the edge of the hole in the ground like us screams.

We look up only to find a black mamba curling itself around her arm.

We all scream the loudest we can in fear but I'm sure my scream bursts my voice box as soon as the black serpent digs its fangs into her left eye.

I bury my face in Gabby's shirt and scream my lungs out as this snake keeps stabbing its fangs into this girl's neck, face, arm... Everywhere.

The battered girl keeps screaming till she falls by accident into the hole and the same is her case as the one before her.

The other snakes have begun to make their way up the hole to the rest of us and we're using our shoes and whatsoever we can find to hit and chase them back.

Suddenly a snake rises and spits venom straight into a girl's eyes. Her eyes instantly turn blood red as she begins to scream.

She stands to her feet and begins to Jump around in pain while fanning her blind eyes when another snake bites her ankle and she slips into the hole.

The commotion and panic makes Gabby and I hold tightly to each other. We suddenly begin to feel the ground vibrate and the area where about eight girls are sitting, suddenly collapses and ushers them into the hole, and just then a huge snake springs up and catches one of the girl's bodies. Head in throat first.

Gabby, I, and the other girls scream in Horror and fear.

"Deborah! "I suddenly hear his voice call. I turn towards the other side of the bar but don't find anyone. There's no way I'd miss his voice or mistake it for another's

"Desmond! Desmond!! "I scream in fear, hope, and desperation.

"Deborah!? "I hear his voice call again.

"Desmond! "I scream this time pressing my face against the bars in the hope to sound louder and let my voice travel further.

"Deb... "He makes to scream as he comes out of a corner but stops when he sees me.

"Deborah! "He screams as he throws his backpack away and rushes to kneel before me taking my cheeks in his palms.

Soon Ekene shows up behind him and a few other boys.
"Get us out, please! People are dying! It's a snake valley! "I cry as soon as I catch my breath.

I turn around just in time to find a serpent ready to bite Gabbys leg. I make to kick it but miscalculate hence its fangs dig into my flesh and I feel its venom flow into my leg through its fangs.

I scream in pain as I shake the fat snake off my leg.

"Deborah! "Desmond screams in worry.

"Do something. "I beg in pain as I begin to feel my throat dry up.

Desmond rushes to a huge stone and brings it to the padlock. He begins to smash the padlock with the stone but the padlock doesn't budge.

I can't feel my leg anymore, my throat is getting dry and I'm beginning to feel dizzy.

"Desmond... "I mutter as I begin to lose control of my senses.

"Deborah! "He calls again in worry.

"Hang in there! "He begs to hit the padlock this time with more anger and determination.

"No!! "I hear Gabby scream. I turn in the direction where her eyes are. Only to find a girl trying to open the other door.

"Need to escape.....need to escape. "Is what the girl keeps muttering before opening the door.

A loud hiss is heard and next thing, her head is off her body and her body falling into the valley.

I don't know if it's fear of the sight before me, or if it's the venom in my system, but at this very moment, I blackout.

€=€=€=€=€=€=€

I'm.   I'm speechless!
What just happened!? 😱

How dare Rachel!? 😭
Did Sonia just die!? 😳💔😭🙆

Please let me hear your thoughts on this chapter plx😭❤🙌

Don't forget to vote🙏
Also, I love u 🤧❤