Numb💔;...

Desmonds POV

How on earth could she ask me for that?? I haven't been able to get myself out of here in the past five years so how on earth would I pull saving her from this nut hole off!?..

"I'm... I'm sorry I can't do that. " I reply honestly and I watch her sniffle and nod.

"I... I had a feeling you'd say that. "She replies. She's an emotional wreck right now.

It's high time we make it back to the mansion. It'd soon be time for breakfast and being absent from the dining hall is a punishable offense. I don't think Deborah can bear a fartellos beating upon her current state.

I pick up her shirt and I have no idea if to assist her with putting it on or if to just leave it to her. All my life, I've never seen a girl in pure pain. All the other girls I've seen in 'pain' were just acting to gain my attention and pity. 
But the pain Deborah is currently emitting is so strong it flows through me like discomforting cold breeze from a mountain top in winter. 

I am drawn back to my environment when her tender fingers slowly pull her shirt out of my hands. I stare at her tender self as she's battling with tears.

And look away so it doesn't look like I'm assaulting her with my eyes. Once she puts on her shirt fully, I hand her her jacket which she ties around her little waist.

I rise to my feet.
"Let's go," I say more like I'm begging. She nods and we begin to walk. I turn around and I find her slowly tagging along behind me. Her wet and beautiful brown hair, fallen on her face. Her steps are so slow. Her one step was five of mine.

I wait for her to catch up before wrapping my fingers around her little wrist and I begin to pull lightly to increase her pace. I turn to look at her again and I see rivers of tears escaping her beautiful brown eyes.

Her sorrow tugs at my heart but there's nothing I can do. Madre would kill whoever attempts escape and I'm not in a position to make Deborah feel better.

Soon we approach the mansion. Our dripping clothes and wet hair attract stares and I can read spite on the face of some girls. ~fuck those pests. They all know madres rule and they are mad at Deborah cause I've been seen with her a couple of times. Girls need to work on their jealousy problems!

I soon find Tori at a distance and I call out to her. Once she sees Deborah, she moves over to us as fast as possible.

"Sonia!? "She questions as she takes the now numb girl into her arms.

"What happened?? " she questions me.

"A little accident. Get her warm. " I reply as I don't feel giving out much info about one of my spots is a good idea. She shoots angry looks at me. She thinks I did this.

I ignore her stare and turn around. Walking in the opposite direction. I need to get the f*ck out of these wet clothes.

Sonias POV
Tori hugs me warmly and soon pulls me up to the clean-up room. She picks out fresh clothes which I put on. She doesn't ask me any questions as she knows full well I won't reply. Kudos to her ability to study her environment.

The metal gong is struck soon and she pulls me to the line. Soon we are in the dining hall. She leaves me to seat beside Gabby. Gabby keeps questioning men what happened but I remain silent. Rachel also questions.

Tori doesn't say a thing to them. I shut out their voices and place my head on my arms which are folded on the table as tears slowly escape my eyes.

I feel numb inside. My emotions are mixed and my heart burdened. Would I ever make it out of here?.

Soon breakfast is over. Gabby, Tori, Rachel, and I head out. We follow the line till we are once again lead outside and handwoven baskets. All three girls harvest enough and come to deposit some into my empty basket where I am sitting.

I have zoned out and I don't even fight it. I see people's lips moving but can't hear them speak. I can't feel people's touch on me. I'm dead to my environment and I'm okay with it.

If I'm gonna stay die here, I'd rather die this way. A numb emotionless nostalgic broken teen.