Don't Do Something Stupid!

"W... What's wrong?" I question in worry.

"Nothing," he replies with a low voice and a pure smile.

"Seems you're already getting used to the water," he comments.

"Maybe" I reply and I decide to dare myself by bending fully under the water. I raise my head back up and I choke on water.

"Deborah!? " he questions as he swims towards me. He begins to rub his palm harshly against my back and soon my windpipes are clear.

"Thank you." I appreciate.

"Looks like you still have a lot to learn," he notes.

"Lucky for you, I'm a fast learner. " I reply with a smirk. I hear an odd sound and I look up only to find a huge creature flying towards to lake. I scream in fear and wrap my arms around Desmond.

"Relax. It's just a bird," he informs once the creature passes. I look up and my gaze gets tied to his. I try to move my hands off him but for some reason, I don't want to break this eye contact. I only succeed in placing my hands on his chest and that's the farthest I can move.

With my palm right above his heart, I can feel its rhythmic yet rapid beat. He suddenly clears his throat.
"S. Staying too long in water could cause a cold," he says as he breaks eye contact.

I quickly look away and I feel my cheeks burn. I don't know if it's out of pure embarrassment or EPIC embarrassment...

"I wanna stay a bit longer. The water is indeed magical." I reply as I begin to move further away.

"Okay then," he replies. I decide to trust myself as I calm my system and lift both my legs off the ground. Somehow I succeed in making myself stay afloat on the water.

"So what's wrong? " he suddenly questions.

"Huh? " I question in confusion and I almost drown again.

He chuckles"Just keep flapping your legs gently and move your arms around like pedals. " he instructs as he comes over to me and shows me how to do it.

I flow his instructions and I stay afloat.
"Something's bothering you, Deborah," he says and I remember Gabby. ~oh, so that's why he brought me here. Smart move!

"Look, Desmond. It's nothing. If I don't tell you something, I have my reasons. " I reply.

"The last time you told me that, things didn't go well," he replies and I remember telling him this when I was scared of that Fratello.

I take a deep breath and I manage to move to the shore. I can tell Desmond right? At least if he could trust me enough to open up to me about Papi, why can't I trust him now?

"It's about Gabby. " I finally blurt.

"What about her? " he questions as he swims to my side.

"Something seems off Desmond. She's scared and worried about something but she won't say it. For all, I care her life might be in danger but she won't talk.

There are over a hundred kids in there. So why on earth does she have to be the one facing such hurt??. Desmond something is eating Gabby up and every time I try to reach out to her, she shuts me out. She doesn't want help. " I confess.

I watch Desmond walk out of the water and sit on the grass.

"Deborah, she wants help alright, but she's scared. Remember you also shut us all out when you were in trouble.

Gabby is scared. She wants help but is too scared to ask for it. " he says.

"So how do we help her??. I mean she told us to stay out of it." I replied getting out of the water and squeezing my wet hair.

"Patience Deborah. Patience." He replies.

"We can't just wait! What if it's too late!?" I question in alarm.

"Deborah patience pays than hasty decisions. Just wait. Time is the key. " he says.

"But.  But... But.. " I make to protest.

"But nothing Deborah. Promise me you won't do something stupid in a quest to save her life," he says.

"But.... ? " I make to speak.

"Promise! " he commands. He really won't let this go except I promise.

"Fine. I promise. " I comply and he stares sternly at me.

"Good," he replies ~ yh right! Nothing stupid doesn't mean I can't do anything. It means I can do something but just not something stupid!.

I grab my cotton shirt off the ground and pull it over my singlet. Desmond also puts on his pants. Just like magic, my shirt absorbs the moisture from my singlet and soon is soaking wet. Desmond sees my plight.

"Here, you can wear my shirt. " he offers. He trips as he makes to walk to me causing him to fall right on top of me. I lay with wide eyes below him and he above me.

His gaze gets locked with mine and my heart rate spikes. Being this close to him, I remember my dream.

"No thank you. " I reply suddenly pushing him off.

"Thank you. " I reply with a trembling body as I turn my back to him.

"What's wrong? " he questions as he places his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing! " I squeak in a surprisingly very high pitch. ~oh God, I'm making a big fool of myself.

"O..kay?" he replies and after some seconds I find him before me.
"Let's go," he orders and we begin our little trip back to the mansion.