Friends?;......

🌹sometimes the people who come into your life in the most unappealing manner just might end up being those you need the most and can't do without.
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

I can't bring myself to stop shaking nor crying. I make to speaks but all that escapes my lips are desperate gasps of air.
Gabby climbs off her bed and unto mine and wraps me in a hug.

"It tried to touch you right. I'm sorry I ran away. Forgive me. " Gabby begins to apologize. It's evident from her voice that she's crying. I can't bring myself to calm down so she hugs me.

The warmth of her embrace so soothing. I soon calm down a bit and fall asleep in her arms.....

I wake up the next morning to find some of the other girls awake. Gabby laying in her bed. Her beautiful and sweet face calm In sleep. I sit up and begin to reminisce over last night.

"You're up? " I hear Gabby ask.

"Yeah. " I reply simply.

"Are you okay? " she asks and I nod with a forced smile.

"What are we doing now?" I ask.

"Nothing, for now, bath time is in a few minutes.

"Okay," I reply.

"you still have a few more minutes to sleep if you want to. "Gabby informs as she lays her head back on her pillow and closes her eyes.

I don't feel sleepy. Rather restless and in need of a stroll. I walk out of the female hall and I find a few girls scattered about the passageway. I sight a familiar curly brown hair at a distance and I choose to walk up to it.

I find it's Desmond and thanking him for last night seems like the right thing to do. He is standing by a pillar looking outside. The orange sunray on his face.

I feel a little dizzy and my vision blurs but these disappear just as suddenly as they had come. I stand beside him and he doesn't seem to notice my presence but is rather lost In thought.

"Thank you," I say and he is drawn back to earth. He stares at me for a few seconds and then turns his body to me.

"Deborah, you need to know that a sealed lip is a signed death contract.  I asked you time and time again what was wrong but you refused to speak up. What would have happened if someone didn't see that yesternight!?.

Assault isn't something to stay quiet about. You can't always believe some life-saving miracle would happen. Not everyone is willing to snoop around into things they weren't invited to.

You were just lucky I happened to be around then. Else you just might have ended up a toy by now!

When such things happen, you speak up before it escalates! " he lectures.
I want to get mad at him but I can't. Firstly his succulent accent is hard to hate and secondly, he is speaking the truth.

"I know. I.. I was scared" I confess looking outside and avoiding eye contact.

"Fear is a number one enemy to strength Deborah. Never forget that." He says. Before turning back to face outside. Resuming the position I first found him in.

I guess there's more to gaze boy than I thought. He seems nice enough.

"Friends? " I ask holding up my hand to him for a handshake.

"Friend sounds a bit too personal. Let's say, mates," he replies with a cool expression as he accepts my shake.

"Yeah... More like prison mates. " I reply making him chuckle and wow!! ~ he has an amazing smile!!.

I am still smiling when my head begins to ache and my stomach begins to sting. My vision becomes a blur and I suddenly feel submerged in weakness. ~ what's going on!?.

I try to reach for Desmond before I..  blackout...

Desmonds POV;

Little Miss classy {Deborah} had just succeeded in making me laugh for the first time in a very long while when suddenly she loses balance. I manage to catch her before she reaches the ground and I find she has fainted. I try to wake her up but she doesn't budge.

Blood slowly begins to escape her nose and I quickly wipe it off with my shirt. I knew somethings been up with her this whole time but she won't admit it. I know she doesn't want Madre's help but someone else isn't dying under my watch. This might be more than it looks. 

I carry her petite body up in my arms. ×so light. Such a tiny body loaded with so much attitude!
I see the other girls staring and some even go into the female hall to spread what they just saw. Causing more girls to exit the female hall. Girls will never change!

Some Fartellos come and help me convey Deborah to Madres wing of the mansion...

"What's wrong my prince? "Madre asks as soon as I make it into her chamber.

"Someone's not well" I reply and she turns to face me. She sees Sonia in my arms and questions.

"What happened? "

"I was hoping you'd tell me. " I reply bluntly.

"Lay her there" she replies pointing at her bed and I comply.

"It's gotten worse. " Madre says.

"What!?" I ask in concussion.

"Her ulcer," she replies. Oh... I know about that, Deborah mentioned it to me yesterday. ×wait!

"You knew about her ulcer!? " I ask in confusion as Madre never takes a sick child.

"Oh I knew, but I still wanted her. There's just something bout her I won't find in the other girls.
I'm not sure what it is yet, but I'd soon find out." Madre replies as she takes a sit on the bed beside the unconscious girl.

"How serious is her ulcer? " I question in worry. After all, what sort of ulcer causes the nose to bleed!?.

"Oh, it's pretty serious son. But that's the least of our worries. " Madre replies and I'm confused.

"What do you mean? " I ask in my state of confusion.

" I did mention she has leukemia right? "