Oaklin Valley;...

We both turn and find Gabby and Ekene making their way towards us and that's where the conversation ends.

Our group continues our journey and it's been four nights and days. We've almost exhausted our food and we've passed where we planned on meeting the other group but they weren't there. Perhaps they've gone on without us.

It's night and we're carefully navigating our way through the forest as we know not if fratellos are right behind us.

I'm walking beside Desmond when he suddenly stops.

"Something's wrong. "He states holding out his arm to restrict my movements from behind him.

"You do know we're in the creepy woods. Of course, something would be wrong. "I state matter of factly and he rolls his eyes.

"Is that so? Why I thought we were in wonderland with wish fairies and flying unicorns! "He replies sarcastically and Gabby snickers causing me to shoot her a death glare.

"Just keep shut. Something's wrong. "Desmonds orders and states.

I'm about to speak when suddenly Desmond grunts and drops the light stick in his hand. Panic fills the crowd but everyone stands still when they find people with arrows surrounding us.

"Desmond! "I scream as I kneel before him while he grunts in pain with his right hand holding tightly onto his left upper arm.

"Who are you!? "A male with an arrow screams at us.

"Fugitives who just managed to escape. Now put that arrow away if you don't want to breathe your last right this instance! "I scream in burning anger as I rise to my feet's and the male reclines in amusement.

"Fugitives?? "A familiar voice questions as a female emerges from the crowd.

I stare closely at the female figure as the orange light from our fire torches illuminate her face.

"Sonia!? "She suddenly exclaims and then it clicks.

"Dana! "I scream as she runs towards me and hugs me.

"Yeah... happy reunion but I'd have you know my arm's still dispensing blood! "Desmond grunts and Dana and I quickly pull apart.

"Man down! It's alright guys. "Dana says and instantly the people who surrounded us bring down their weapons and some rush to help Desmond up.

I watch them pull Desmond and I make to follow them when Dana pulls me back.

"Chill out Juliet. He'd be fine. "She says and Gabby snickers.

"I'm so glad I'm not the only who sees it. "Gabby teases as she shares a high five with Dana.

Gabby and I silently follow Dana and the crowd.
"Sorry, you didn't find us where we initially planned. We were attacked by the Fratello's and sadly one of us got caught. May God bless his dear soul." Dana says and I recall how mercilessly mader killed him.

"Alex didn't die a nice death" I mutter but they both hear me.

"I suspected. "Dana replies lowly and decides to change the topic.

"Well, God blessed us with a perfect hiding place and we've been here a year now. We thought you guys bailed on us and initially planned on proceeding tomorrow.

Twas indeed God's will that we found y'all today" Dana says and I feel my heart skip a beat. ~they were gonna leave without us!?

She bends when we encounter a dead-end covered with vines, molds, twigs, shrubs, and a bunch of other things.

She pushes aside a handful of the twins and the crowd soon begins to bend into it.

"Come on. "She says as she ushers Gabby and me in.

We walk in and after a few steps. We stand properly to see a field completely covered with oak trees. Leaving a very portable vacancy/space in the middle and we find people sitting around a campfire. People amongst which are Desmond, Ekene, and Timothy, and Desmond's upper left arm is wrapped in cloth. 

"Welcome to Oaklin valley! "Dana says enthusiastically with her arm widespread.