The Question

Draco met Fred's inquisitive gaze.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing," said Fred, though the lines around his mouth were tight. It wasn't a frown per-say, but it wasn't a smile either.

Draco felt his own mouth tilt down in response.

The wine was going to his head a little and so he poured himself a glass of water and downed it quickly.

"Lets play go fish again," said Hermione dispelling some of the tension.

Draco sat beside her gave the deck a shuffle dealing out the cards.

Half way through the second game Hermione asked for the third time in a row if Fred had any sixes.

"Hermione," said Fred biting back a laugh. "I do not have any sixes because there are only four in the deck and I gave you my last one. There is no way you even have any in your hand right now."

"Oh," Hermione looked at her hand. "Right, sorry," she suddenly burst into giggled and Draco and Fred both watched as she rolled back tittering with laughter until she was sobbing about how her sides hurt. 

 Then she got the hiccups.

It was cute to see her bounce with each one-though Draco worried it would make her sick.

"More water I think," he said re-filling glass. 

She drank readily and smiled up at him with glistening eyes that were so open. Draco felt her eyes on him, he wanted to fall into them, fall into her.

"You are drunk," said Fred, breaking the moment. It wasn't an accusation more of an observation.

"Yes I am," said Hermione swinging her head over to look at Fred. "But I feel amazing!" she threw her hands up in the air and smacked Draco across the face with the back of her hand as he was trying to sit down.

"Owww, watch where you are flailing those things," said Draco without any real anger.

"Oh no, I'm sorry!" Hermione threw her arms around Draco's shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Forgive me."

"Its alright, its alright Granger, I'm not mad."

"Good," she said and sat upright. "Because I want no one fighting tonight."

"Okay," said Draco.

"No one," she said turning to Fred and wagging her finger emphatically.

"Promise," said Fred. 

"Good," said Hermione and yawned, then she turned and rested her head on Draco's shoulder. Draco looked at Fred and Fred seemed to pretend he wasn't seeing his little brother's love interest leaning on Draco Malfoy's shoulder.

A few moments later a soft snoring reached Draco's ear and he looked across at Fred.

"Is she asleep?"

"It would appear so," said Fred.

"I think we should let her sleep."

"Agreed."

Draco shifted.

"I'm awake!" said Hermione sitting up with a start.

"We know you are," said Fred. "But you forgot to tell that to your eyeballs."

"They just have issues with the..." she yawned. "Things..."

"Yeah things like staying open," said Fred taking a swig of wine.