Morning

Draco kept his eyes closed as the little after-shocks of pleasure rippled through him. As they lingered he imagined her kissing him again. Little by little he let go of the overwhelming tension that had been taking over his system.

After many long moments, standing in the warm spray of the shower and enjoying the warm feeling through his whole body, Draco opened his eyes and reached for the soap to wash off.

When he was finished Draco stepped out of the shower and put on a fresh pair of pants. He was in the middle of towel drying his hair when he felt a small pang anxiety in his chest through the bind.  Quickly using his wand to finish drying off he went back out to the bedroom. 

Hermione was curled in a small ball and she was making tiny sounds of distress. 

In a second Draco was across the room.

He gentled his movements as he neared her and crawled in to the bed next to her. He reached out and pulled her close wrapping his arms around her from behind and holding her, needing to be her comfort as she had already been several times and he ached to repay her.

"Hush, it's okay," he whispered into her ear. "I'm here," he rubbed her arm gently pulling her body tightly back against his. 

It was where she belonged...

In his arms.

"You're safe. I won't let anyone hurt you," he spoke in low soothing tones in her ear, so as not to wake her and yet still reach her mind to make her feel safe.

Hermione mumbled something incoherent in response to his words and then her body slumped as whatever was tormenting her vanished. 

She let out a deep sigh and he felt all the tension drain out of her like liquid. She slipped back into a deeper more peaceful sleep, cuddling back into him  as his little spoon.

Draco smiled, his face half covered by her curls. He raised his head, brushing them back  to look over at her face. She looked so beautiful, so peaceful, so Innocent.

"I..." he started then stopped.

Love you, he finished silently, unable to say the words out loud. 

He dropped his head back to the pillow and followed Hermione back down into the dark of sleep.

-

The first rays of morning light touched Draco's eyelids, rousing him from slumber.

His soul felt a strange peace in that half waking state; a peace that made him, for one small moment, feel like everything was going to be alright. He wanted to hold on to it, and her, forever.

He blinked slowly becoming aware of where he was and the woman in his arms.

Memories of the previous evening fluttered through him like a warm summer breeze.

Draco fought back a smile as he breathed in the warm scent of Hermione. 

He blinked again and looked down at her. 

They were wrapped up in one another. 

Morning and her closeness brought to his attention that they were once again pressed intimately close. 

Once again, his cock, hard and ready, was pressed up between them against Hermione stomach. This time the strain and pain were a familiar and not entirely unwelcome friend. 

I could get used to waking up like this, he thought mildly.

He inhaled deeply before reality started to fight its way back into his brain.

His sleep addled mind had only remembered the warmth of her and the comfort and the good. Now that he was really waking up he began to remember the danger of what had happened last night and what was happening at this very moment.